ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Boys... 100 turbo on an 80

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Done a lot of searching online about this but cant see much!

whats the options on fitting the 100 turbo on the 80, is the exhaust manifold the same? I know the exhaust is.

is it as simple as swapping the turbo over, turbo outlet pipe, intercooler and MAF sensor (as I know that's different) and then uploading a 100 map to the ecu?

how are variable geometry turbochargers controlled? if its ECU controlled will my ECU be able to control it?

love my little 80 but my mates just bought a 100 and I forgot how good they were! that top end pull is great but I also forgot how crap the ratios were, I recon a dci 80 running a 100 turbo would be a perfect combination!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Its not mapped at the moment no but ive driven a mapped one and owned a mapped 100 and the 100 is much better just the ratios that let it down which wouldnt be a problem on a 100 converted 80

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
bolts to the same manifold, but exhaust turbine housing exit is differnt. far easier to make a decatt pipe for.

i ran one for a while til i had a oil pump failure. was good on a homebrew map