ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi 80 Service

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
bit hit and miss if the cs peeps will know but worth a try....

i intend to service my DCi 80 friday morning, first up can anyone advise on any potential problems i could come across that could deviate from a nice easy service...... ie usual issues etc... any tips etc anyways are more than welcome

secondly, i am no idiot but can i just check what i should be ordering for a minor service, the usual bits... ie, oils, filters etc etc....

cheers in advance

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
oil filter is at a strange awkward angle, need a cup type filter tool. the rest is simple. well worth stripping and cleaning the egr valve and j shaped boost pipe

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep several people have said about the EGR so will look at that,
also ordered the filter tool so should be all good.

cheers danny, how long would you say for all the above.... timewise

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you've never done it before allow an hour just taking your time and doing it properly, access is pretty easy on it. if its not already had gearbox oil its worth doing that, you know what these boxes are like!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ah an hour's about right for oil and filters and a good check over. The EGR valve will take a bit longer than that, it's a fiddle

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i have a whole morning, but i don't want to run into issues and then be short on time...
pretty sure i already have box oil...

whilst your both here, could either of you tell me the location of the reverse light switch please?
again, thanks in advance

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
had fun doing this...ffsnake....

first up, not entirely to do with the service but was trying to switch the wheels front to rear... god dame shallow locking wheel nuts and gravel chanel in driveway....
then had loads of fun with the oil filter, the angle of the filter, the tool that didn't fit made it real fun to remove (with the screwdriver and hammer),

and then i was unaware of the hand-pump to get the diesel back through.... but all good fun....
oh, and i need a large (deep) socket for the reverse light switch