ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just buy it nice things, it's less likely to break then :wink:

Hahah, exactly that mate. Probably going to get Rentech to fit the shifter and have a look over the earths in the new year. The cup spoiler is booked in to be resprayed end of Jan too.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
And bought these little things with 50% xmas code.

image.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
More parts. The white gear knob of the shifter is a bit out of place I think with my carbon inserts etc, so i bought a black one. Also Evol 'road' dogbone mount, hopefully the added vibrations aren't too bad.

IMG_6223.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Oil and filter time on Sunday if i'm not too hungover. Also bought the rear wiper surround as mine is faded and past saving. Not looking forward to fitting it, apparently removing the rear wiper is extremely difficult!

IMG_6302.JPG

Clio 182 - RB
Get a tool from Halfords, think its £11, well worth getting! Forgot what its called though [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Oil and filter time on Sunday if i'm not too hungover. Also bought the rear wiper surround as mine is faded and past saving. Not looking forward to fitting it, apparently removing the rear wiper is extremely difficult!

View attachment 173833
When I had the front wipers off my car I bought a '4" reversible gear puller' from screwfix for about a tenner, did the trick without causing any damage, guess it'd be the same on the rear, bitta wd40 first will always help too

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When I had the front wipers off my car I bought a '4" reversible gear puller' from screwfix for about a tenner, did the trick without causing any damage, guess it'd be the same on the rear, bitta wd40 first will always help too

Sounds a good plan mate, thanks

dan's cast offs.
spray it a couple of times a day for a few days with 50/50 acetone and atf. of save time and messing by snapping it off, cutting the collar that's left stuck on the splines and just stick a new arm on.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Also got these. 10mm PMS spacers for the rear, and 16mm for the front. Just awaiting bolts for the rears to arrive in the post.

IMG_6305.JPG

Also painted my rusted calipers the other day, much better.

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

Excuse the very dirty wheels!

IMG_6296.JPG

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
A little tip mate, when you do the rear spacers. Wire brush and wd40 the nuts as they can be an absolute b*****d to remove which usually ends up in rounded Torx fastener heads. Which is never good!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The fronts, just a case of..?
- wheel off
- clean surface of hub
- spacer over hub
- put wheel on through spacer, job jobbed?

Rears different?