ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
pms shifter is fantastic, minimal rattling from them. the scenic one is just a council house version :wink:
I live in student accommodation, so close enough, right??

I'd love a PMS one, but christ they're expensive. Might settle for now with scenic then upgrade.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The Clio has done me well over the last couple of days and 400ish miles driving around France.

The beauty with the mrs at the Eurotunnel.

IMG_6836.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Passed the MOT easily and cheap enough in August. Really considered selling this AGAIN whilst I was in Asia for a couple of months, got back and remembered just how good it is, and nothing could compare for similar money (2.5k-ish). Started first time too after being sat for two months.

It's absolutely stinking at the moment though, haven't washed it since the start of summer.

Think i'm going to treat it to a wheel refurb and some decent tyres after Christmas.

#TBT to when it was a bit cleaner..

IMG_5522.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Finally got round to fitting these, from @mossyv6 - old ones had suffered the melting, and were covered in strange marks/scratches, and I probably could have just given them a good clean. These are from the pov spec and dont scratch, much better! No idea why the mirror adjuster is different though.

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

I'll be doing the same mate, my interior is mint now, other than the hazard panel has a few marks!
Yeah iIt's replacing things like that that make all the difference. I replaced my interior mirror a couple of years ago as the laminate had come away round the edges & it had a crack in it (I did that) plus I got a new heater vent too as I managed to knock a chuck out of it. I got new door pulls from Dr Jekyll too, so it looks minty fresh.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It does amaze me how bad the trim in these cars is! So many other cars last donkey's years without having any of this kind of trouble. Good ol' Renault.

Big improvement that!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It does amaze me how bad the trim in these cars is! So many other cars last donkey's years without having any of this kind of trouble. Good ol' Renault.

Big improvement that!

It's mainly my mrs getting in with her handbag, covered in metal zips and just chucking it in without a care!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It's mainly my mrs getting in with her handbag, covered in metal zips and just chucking it in without a care!

Sounds familiar. Backs of my Recaros are stratched to buggery now because of her shite she lobs in the back!

Big improvement that!

You'll find it's a soft touch plastic thing. Great when new... terrible once worn. Every make and model I've had with soft touch just turns to s**t in time.

@Davyy you could get a lower spec dash top, maybe a stereo upgrade or just go OE budget lower model stereo and then replace the climate panel with a good condition one (they are all soft touch) and everything should match in then.

I swapped my dash top with a lower model one and couldn't stand looking at the finish difference daily. The soft touch is metallic like.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You'll find it's a soft touch plastic thing. Great when new... terrible once worn. Every make and model I've had with soft touch just turns to s**t in time.

@Davyy you could get a lower spec dash top, maybe a stereo upgrade or just go OE budget lower model stereo and then replace the climate panel with a good condition one (they are all soft touch) and everything should match in then.

I swapped my dash top with a lower model one and couldn't stand looking at the finish difference daily. The soft touch is metallic like.

Sounds like a lot of hard work mate, the car would somehow set itself on fire!!

On another note.. two new PS3's fitted today.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Must be a good 7 months since it's last clean. Absolutely honking but too cold to clean.

Looked nice/gross today in Toys R Us car park.

IMG_1960.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sadly a week or so ago an old boy neighbour reversed out of his driveway, and hit my rear quarter, albeit slowly.. thankfully not much damage, and he paid up easily enough. After a recommendation from a local CS'er @General Dave (ERB Motors), all was sorted after a couple of days in the bodyshop.

I also thought I may aswell have the wheels refurbished again (Xtreme Alloys), as last time they werent silver enough for my liking.

Can't wait for better weather to give it a proper polish.

IMG_2058.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2108.JPG