ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard warning lights - please help :-(

Mini Cooper S sport
On the way home tonight, every time I braked, the STOP light and the battery symbol lit up on the dashboard, then went out after I took my foot off the brake.

This is the LAST thing I need 3 days before I move house :dapprove: :dapprove: :dapprove:

EDIT: Apparently I need brake fluid. This is why women need cars which actually tell them what the problem is, not just have lights!

Last edited:
  VaVa
Yup. I'd get your pads checked too rather than just topping up the fluid.

My lights were coming on around left hand bends. I replaced the discs and pads and all was tickety-boo again. Nothing to worry about.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Low levels mate.check it out yourself before you spend your hard earned on a muppet in a renault garage

ian

Mini Cooper S sport
Problem is worse than I expected, looks an an electrical fault/broken alternator. Brake fluid levels were fine, and I know the pads aren't worn because it was only serviced just over a month ago. Called out the AA and something under the bonnet started smoking while he was looking at it. It's undriveable and being towed to Renault in the morning :(

2003 MKII 172
Racing Blue said:
Problem is worse than I expected, looks an an electrical fault/broken alternator. Brake fluid levels were fine, and I know the pads aren't worn because it was only serviced just over a month ago. Called out the AA and something under the bonnet started smoking while he was looking at it. It's undriveable and being towed to Renault in the morning :(

I guess not all electrical problems have been sorted even in the 182 eh? Well at lesat it's warranty item. One of the 225s here had similar problems, except it stopped while traveling down a motor way. i.e. engine just stopped. good luck with it.

Karl

RenaultSport clio 182 '04
Same thing happened to me at the weekend. Same warning lights came on (and have been for a week or so). Stopped to fill up and it wouldn't start and was making a long clicking sound from behind the dashboard/steering column. AA have confirmed it is a knackered alternator so it's currently in the local dealers.

Annoying thing is they say they don't have any courtesy cars until another week or so.:mad:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I am thinking of buying a 182, Are there alot of electrical faults with the clios? I am really undecided:S reading that has just put more doubt in my mind:(

Tesla MP3 2021
gutted.....
i did have the same prob with the lights but didnt turn out to be that bad:(