ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard faulty

clios
I have just bought 2004 clio, The dashboard dials arent working no speedo, rev counter, indicators ??? I am guessing the dash needs replacing ? Are clio dashboards coded to the car ?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
imperial21

Sounds like it's not plugged in. I've never heard of one completely failing but they aren't coded to the car so you can just plug and play a replacement. Make sure you get one with the correct rev gauge scale.

clios
Thanks for your reply, I am now thinking the car is suffering from uch failure, I have noticed it won't talk to my fault code reader which it should do, it will speak to the engine ecu but not the abs or air bag, I have all the lights on the dash, No indicators or heated rear window, the car has had water leaks!

clios
Another update, Grahams you where right one of the multi plugs wasnt connected but reveals my old friend the air bag light on !!! My reader still wont communicate to the airbag ecu, It doesnt look very nice either so may have had a spill over it....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ohh that was easy wasn't it!!

Airbag problems can be resolved very easily. Is that connected as well!!

have a wiggle of the wires under the seats to see if the light goes out. Can be loose seat connections.

The ECU is in a stupid place though so it may well have been liquid damaged.