ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard faulty ?

Clio 172
Hi, just bought myself a clio 172 02 plate.

I have a few niggling problems. Wether they are a lot or whether im over concerned i dont know.

firstly, for the mileage clock/mpg trip/computer to show all the right information, ive had to wedge some folded paper inbetween the surround and the clear plastic screen for it all to show.

secondly, the water temp guage on sits 1/4 way up, but when sat idling it will nearly be half way. When driving it heavy it will sit between 1/2 and 1/4

fially the speedo doesnt give an accurate reading. 25mph on the speedo is about 30/31mph. All wheels are standard renault 16" alloys.

my concern is whether its the dashboard unit itself where the fault is or whether they are all separate faults as in the speed sensor and a temp sensor.

any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Tom

Arctic Blue 182 FF
If this was happening to mine i would get hold of another speedo head and swop over to see if it sorts anything,they are cheap enough and someone on here probably has a spare lying about