ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash lights

yoo, just seeing if anyone knows how easy or hard it is to change dash lights to blue and speedo lights.... thanks :)

oh i got a mk2 clio aswell. oh well have to buy a soldering gun
btw ho much of a job isit to sorry.
sorry taking over your thread:rasp:

172 cup- suzu rf600r
took me a day but could be done in a couple hours if you hammered in to it, i bought mines at crazyleds.co.uk, cheap and perfect, good guide with it as well, includes evertything you need (window switches etc) the dash is SMDs (small LEDs) and ye need soldered

its cool :L oh right cheers man, i would have no idea where to begin so need to find somewhere which will do it, any ideas ? :)

thats where i was/am getting mine from.
it should be simple enough to do there a guide on here on how to do it i think??

172 cup- suzu rf600r
i wouldnt call it simple, but its do-able if your the type that can change your own oil etc lol, it was the first time id soldered anything, the guide is step by step in detail

yeah i can do that sort of stuff as i work at halfords but electrics seem whole diff world :L but yeh step by step guide souunds good

172 cup- suzu rf600r
youd manage then i reckon, the hardest part is getting the dash out! the soldering itself is easy enough

best bet is friday or whenever start then dont rush, follow the guides on cs and well give it a try.
i exspect you no someone who can solder

yeah, well its my 18th on friday so might start week after but yeah sounds like a good idea, cheers for advice man :)

172 cup- suzu rf600r
well depends how driven and competent you are lol! a pro could probably do it in an hour ish, it took me all day but i was pissing about and painting interior plastics too so ... how longs a bit of string you know?

Trophy #392
I did mine today, I've never soldered in my life and it took me a day lol, the thigh that took most time up was getting a good connect to the board then going outside checking if they work etc. Now I can't get my dash back in :mad:

Trophy #392
Nah I just done the dials lol And it took me that long :mad: I haven't got anything to take a pic with at the min mate but it's definitely worth doing, might do the heater controls next anyone know how hard it is? Soz about the highjack

172 cup- suzu rf600r
easy peasy its just 2 twist in bulbs at the back, radio is hardest (i thought) then dash, everything else is easy peasy except poss climate control, dont know because cups ftw lol

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Get jafa182 to do them for you heres mine...

Also got the electric window switched done blue and heater and hazard panels done...

172 cup- suzu rf600r
heres a picture of mine since we're sharing lol, note that the stereo is now JVC loudness and the seats are buckety goodness ftw
DSC03334.jpg