ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dartmoor Run

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
At the end of the day, its all abit of fun, and for a laugh.

I agree a bigger track would be better if we were going to book a day, or a serious event. But this is just for laughs.

Can always arrange a proper days karting if thats want people want.

i'm just looking for the laughs :) We decided then that Plymouth will be fine for this event?

Would be nice to organise a airstrip for a day this year; setup a time attack on it and run some drag races :p

Megane 250
I think I'm traveling this weekend, otherwise I am up for a blast over Dartmoor and a bite to eat, won't know until close to the weekend unfortunately.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Out of money now so can't come, but Aaron would like to know a place and time, so have you folks got one yet?

Shame :( can still jump in with me if you want.
Will send him a message on FB and let him know.

Guessing mortenhampstead at 2:30 - 3 if that works for people?
Use the route 1 plan as previous? If no one has any objections.

Forecast seems okish, if that nice slab of high pressure moves over us!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Guessing mortenhampstead at 2:30 - 3 if that works for people?
Use the route 1 plan as previous? If no one has any objections.

Forecast seems okish, if that nice slab of high pressure moves over us!

Yep that sounds brilliant to me! Will be brining the cameras (bonnet cams and slr for shots). Not sure if we will make use of the bonnet cams until we know wha the weather is doing though!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Sunday would be good for me if that's when your planning to do it?

I was just about to put up a meet for this Sunday.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yep that sounds brilliant to me! Will be brining the cameras (bonnet cams and slr for shots). Not sure if we will make use of the bonnet cams until we know wha the weather is doing though!

Got the SLR and Go Pro, so sure we can arrange some video and still shots.

Sunday would be good for me if that's when your planning to do it?

I was just about to put up a meet for this Sunday.

Was aiming for Saturday, but Sunday is a possibility if more people want.

Personally I prefer Saturday, as need to be somewhere on Sunday 6:30 ish, and F1 is on as well.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Got the SLR and Go Pro, so sure we can arrange some video and still shots.

Was aiming for Saturday, but Sunday is a possibility if more people want.

Personally I prefer Saturday, as need to be somewhere on Sunday 6:30 ish, and F1 is on as well.

Sunday is the only day I can do really :S but I can do earlier on Sunday so we can back easily in time for the f1

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Just checked my bank account and I think I'm gonna have enough lol.

I'm in.

Ed, did you say you had Race Driver GRID?

Pretty sure I do somewhere, will have a hunt for it. Have got DIRT2 next to me now if you want it.

@ Dan - Well whenever suits people better, someone suggested some gay drive into the sunset! lol Which would be better on the Saturday.

But I am fine with whatever, I'm happy to go with the majority of what others want.

Lets do it with a list,
So preferred date, whether you are doing food + karting and then we can see which would work best for people

1. Ed - prefer saturday (but can do either) Food + Karting

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure I do somewhere, will have a hunt for it. Have got DIRT2 next to me now if you want it.

Yeah, I'll take it too mate, cheers!

2. Gherkin - Saturday, Food and karting (may as well be properly bankrupt!)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
2. Gherkin - Saturday, Food and karting (may as well be properly bankrupt!)
3. The Fatty - Saturday (but can do either I think), Food + karting.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Looks like it will be taking place on Saturday so I will not be available that day

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Nor am I, but overall Saturday works best, so lets just go for that. I appreciate its all been abit last minute ;) But heyho might as well make the most of it

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so planning this in abit of further detail.

​Possible route

http://goo.gl/maps/QMMRo

Option 1
This starts at Moretonhampstead, goes down to some reservoirs nearby, then across Dartmoor (stopping along the way for pics, perhaps some nice motion ones nearby the bit that is like Au Rouge type sweeping bit - mcgherkin i hope you get what I'm on about). Then along towards Cadover Bridge, for pics if wanted, then into Plymouth for a bit to eat. The China House, has parking (free) and is the same chain as the Barn Owl, but any other places are welcome. Then up to the karting place, before heading back across dartmoor again if people want.

So this is the plan still then. Ed d'you wanna meet at RAF Harrowbeer (Yelverton airfield) and drive over from there?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
There is a car park off the main road - it ink from google maps. Might be private no idea, but was aiming for there are 2:30 to 3 ish.

Might be more a gentle drive rather than a spirited one, but should be good either way

Will try and download the route map as well to allow offline viewing so hopefully we don't get lost haha

@mcgherkin yeh that's fine with me. What time you want to meet?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yeh saw them mate, sorry was busy dealing with some drunk t**t puking out my car last night. Thankfully it went out the window! lol

Cudnt find GRID but got the Dirt and a rally one.

I meant gentle as in busy and not us having a clear road, some F1 style saftey car driving, building the gap type driving may be done haha

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I got home really quick! decide to go the motorway as I filled up at the marsh mills Sainsbury's.

That was epic fun and we're definitely doing it again.

+1. Karting was brilliant fun! McGherkin was fastest, followed by Ed then myself. I kept spinning out as its super slippery on the inside track and I was having troubles with 2 corners (one that should be a fast corner but isn't due to the drifting and the hairpin)!

Big Thanks
to Ed.200 for organising this, and for paying for dinner -unexpected but very much appreciated!

Shame about that woman on the moors, but I wont go into that lol!

Just going to go look at the pics now...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Complete with pops and bangs lol, they were hilarious!

Yeah, cheers again Ed, for the games, the meal and organising. Hope to see you around soon mate.

Can't wait to see the pics lol.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
not very many good shots from me, will probably post the batch tomorrow. In the meantime, here's my shot of the day...
dd1.jpg

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well guys, thanks for coming. Was a great day out. Karting was just hilarious, and I want to go back!

Plenty more roads round there to be explored, so will have to try and make it an annual event ;)

My couple of favs, have about 200 or so to be uploaded later.

9174616320_520914d64d_c.jpg

9172396891_0cdfe1670d_c.jpg