ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's got quite a few splits in it like it's split due to pressure.

Gonna have to call it off Chris has just said as we're not gonna have enough time.

There goes the track day Saturday too then. So fucked off.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Ah mate gutted for you! Doesn’t help now but once it’s all sorted you wont even remember this!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Well, Boris put up a fight but he's on.

20180426_181021.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They covered all entrances to EFI with nails :poop:
Maybe the car that was meant to be on was mega low, wouldn't get over the speed bumps on the way in :ROFLMAO:

I crashed into it with my Volvo so it couldn't go on :ROFLMAO:

Nah, got a good hour on the roller. Not fully sorted unfortunately but ok for now and a relatively easy, cheap fix.

Got a few photos but just about to drive home now. I'm sure Dan will do a more in depth update when home.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well, what a crazy day.

I'm taking nominations for the fastest radiator swap known to man. Had it off in about 4 minutes flat.

I got to efi and noticed my coolant had dropped a fair bit and thought maybe it's just the system balancing out as I hadn't driven it for ages. Turns out the radiator had split in like 3 places?! Never seen a failure mode like that before. No signs of stone chips or anything. Looks like potentially high pressure has caused it to split? It's a new ish unit too last year bought etc.

Anyway so with the massive help of my friends they managed to source one at a gsf in Manchester and as @leeds2592 was coming to meet me in his volvo I asked him to collect it for me.

Seriously can't thank you enough for doing that mate, if you hadn't have done that this whole day would have been wasted so cheers man :) owe you a beer or 9 at the beer festival.

So the car went on after swapping the radiator again in the fastest time ever.

Unfortunately there's an issue with boost control, its like the N75 is on the blink and only controlling when it wants. It's either that or the ecu that's at fault. I seriously hope its the former.

So in the end we couldn't make full power sadly, it's pushing a 228/225 I think. This is because Chris has mapped it just on open waste gate so it's essentially a low boost clio.

I'm getting an N75 valve to change over then got a test to do to see if it is that.

I've just got home after what I can only describe as an epic journey, I should be sad after another issue at mapping but I'm really really not. The car has really smooth power delivery compared to before where it was point and shoot too fast. Like I was just then hooning it around corners with my right foot down and it felt bloody fantastic in fact it drives so good that I'm not in a rush to get it sorted at all, but when I do it will just be an hour in the evening with Chris.

Track day on Saturday with some usable power will be excellent :D very happy with it.

Cheers again to ethan for picking it up for me. Man deserves a year free on here or something haha

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Ace. Glad you got it sorted mate after the initial disaster!

Like you mentioned, at the end of the day- good power figures are nice but not what really matters, what's important is the smile it puts on your face when you put the pedal to the metal

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Glad it sorta got done and you can still use the car.

Buy a blanking plate for the N75[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're confusing that with something else matey. This is the boost control solenoid potensh acting up.

Think I might be tbh, I’ve had a few bevy’s[emoji23] Just realised you’re on about the little black box with the hoses on and not the recirc valve. Facepalm n a half

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
It’s funny to think those figures are low! Yes they are but still makes a Clio 182 f**king fast [emoji100]

Better luck next time mate, will be worth the wait Steve

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've been in a low boost Clio at Donington and it was bloody rapid!

I feel 300 would be too much? Although the supercharged ones don't feel too bad at 300, more linear power i suppose.

I take it the box has a diff in?