ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The scratches are from me, when I put the paint stripper on I used a scraper to try and scrape it off only I thought the spray filler would have filled it all in that that's why I continued with it. It's all my own fault arrghhh.

going to try and flat it back in a sec and see what I can do with it.

RB Clio 182
scratches,
sorry couldn't resist:disappointed:

In the fresh paint? just seems weird?

Edit.. you will have to flat the plastic back too, unless the previous paint has filled it enough to get a flat surface.

I wouldnt risk painting something as big a part of the bodywork as that tho, a painter could have probably done that for about 70 quid.

RB Clio 182
Just finished mine mate, get them sanded and start again, i fucked up on these twice, they are now perfect :)

WP_20141116_013_zps3f2ddd13.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow I didn't realise such a big difference, the one on yours is same as a standard non sport isn't it?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I ended up selling the spoiler for £125 + £10 postage in the end on eBay!

I've ordered a Clio V6 spoiler (rep) for the rear :D :D

But anyway a little update:

This is a pretty common mod to do but easily one of the best value for money mods. RS197 badge :D Tidies the back end up so much!

Before:

15812347326_ebae35e37c_b.jpg
20141120_184822 by dann2707, on Flickr

After:

15650184429_8608da948e_b.jpg
20141120_194025 by dann2707, on Flickr

Im still not convinced on them badges. Are they still £20 or something stupid? I tried a stupid plan involving play dough as masking tape which didnt go as planned on my car today. That went wrong so mine currently only has the clio badge which I think looks quite tidy.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
looks good! Ordered the V6 spoiler today too, was bored and needed a bit of retail therapy ha.
Was tempted to do the badges too but am still on the fence on whether its the right thing to do.... im just thinking along the lines of the usual BMW 318 driver who puts the M badges on the back of their car if you know what I mean.

chuckling at the paydoh and masking tape @JoeMarano

It was a great idea in theory because I was being a cheapskate and didnt want to buy new badges or pull the old ones off so I could spray the edges....so play dough LOL.

How much is trophy spoiler? Pics? My back end looks too boring imo

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments guys :) great to see a bit of convo in my thread, livens it up :D haha

Yeah Joe the badge is £28 delivered. Quite pricey but worth it.

Shall be ordering my paint soon for the spoiler, not going to f**k this one up haha

Im definately staying away for £28 lol thats some camber bolts and shims!

Hmm im not a fan of fecking around with parts. Do cup spoilers just "bolt on"?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You know ..... im not sure of the standard spoiler light will fit this new V6 spoiler ?
pzc48vN.jpg

HnErUuA.jpg

and the v6 one looks like this:
U8e7GgY.jpg

just going to see if mine is curved at the bottom... back in a sec

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
bLWsDIr.jpg

u0egagJ.jpg

Actually it might well fit. ... will have to see when it gets here haha

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im definately staying away for £28 lol thats some camber bolts and shims!

Hmm im not a fan of fecking around with parts. Do cup spoilers just "bolt on"?
The cup spoilers just bolt on, pretty easy job. They will be about the same price as the V6. V6 is £103 inc delivery but needs spraying. The cup spoilers come up in the forsale section now and again usually for £120. I will have a black gold cup spoiler for sale as soon as my V6 one is on.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you wait long enough for one in your colour to come up for sale - post in the wanted section and then keep an eye on ebay for cup spoilers and cars being broken. Or better still get yourself a v6 spoiler and paint it yourself as you sound like you are good at painting.

Wont be painting mine myself, would probably mess it up properly so will get a local bodyshop to paint it along with a few other bits like my wing mirror covers.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What the actual f**k, my spoiler came today! I didn't put a note on the door for the delivery driver to hide it as I genuinely thought it would be here at the end of next week? It was only dispatched on Tuesday. Amazing service!

Picking it up tomorrow from the depot in Leeds, and on the way back i'm getting the PS3's fitted.

Tomorrow is a car day, supposed to be cooking pizza for the Mrs in the evening but after the above news looks like she's going to be watching me key my spoiler prepping it or paint lol

My advice is primer it and wait for it to FULLY dry. Then LIGHTLY apply a fine coat of blue, wait a few mins, apply some more and do it in stages till the colour looks uniform. Give it 15 mins or so and give it a nice few even coats of lacquer preferably in a well lit area so you can see it start to shine compared to areas you havent. DO NOT RUSH IT