ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

damn that renault wiring

I finally got round to buying all the sound system to go into my 172 at the weekend started fitting it all on Sunday...No probs with the power lead a previous post on here sorted that out....I however have two little problems....:confused:

1. I cannot figure out where to mount the amps...Ive got two JBL power series amps and there big so under the seats aint an option...I see Mr Renault decided not to fully plate the back seats so I cant screw an MDF board to the back seats.....Help please where do I put them...Ive got them screwed to the Sub box at the Moment but this aint ideal...

2. Hope somebody can help with this one....for the moment Ive decided to stick with the standard head unit...So Im gonna be using an RCA converted off 2 sets of speaker leads...thing is I see the stereo manual doesnt help with wire colours and the wires out of the back of the head unit dont relate to the wires at the speakers.....Has the 172 got a small in line Amp by any chance.....I was woundering if any body could help me out here...I have the 2 sets of cables I need identified but how do I properly tell which is a -ve and which is a +ve....I dont want to be blowingmy new speakers......:oops:

Thanks for reading this rather long post any help will be well appreciated...

Dan

i suggest you just buy a new head unit mate. no point spending all that money for amps etc and using the standard head unit

Thats gonna be the next purchase John...the cars half the lasses car as well..and I quote..

"I like the Head Unit it looks real nice..Your NOT changing it "

Ill soon have that sorted it may suffer a terminal failure...but for now Im gonna have to get it sorted as is......

all I need to know is what the speaker wires coming out of the unit relate too....Anybody whos fitted a new unit in there 172 should be able to help me out....please...please...;)

Lionel Richie

I had a bit of a mare fitting my screen recently, i seem to recall the wires are a lovely shade of pink??? I resolved it by taking the speakers out of the doors and back pannels to see the colour and did it that way. You could always use an AA batery and connect one wire to each end and listen for a POP noise, thatll tell you which speaker is which

If you have a continuity meter with long leads ( this is what I did) connect one end to the speaker terminal that you know and just connect the other end to the plug with all the wires on the back of the stereo until you find the right one. A bit long winded but it works.