ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn Pot-holes!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Last Friday I drove through Lisvane (a posh area near me) and i hit this huge pot-hole (in the dark). It even skipped the CD player- first time its done that! I stopped the car and looked at my front left alloy (front offside i think?!) and i cudnt see nethin. Every day since that ive been pumpin up the tyre a bit coz its been lookin a bit saggy, and then today i decided to change it, and guess wot i found!!!!?????

The INSIDE of the alloy was bent!!!!! how the????

must have been a really deep pothole coz i only hit it at 30/40ish!

-phil-

Yes, that was the face i pulled today when i saw the bend in my 4/5week old alloys :(

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I got a blow out cause of a nasty pothole.. then a few days later I hit another one which made my CD jump really bad.. didnt get a flat this time though.. its fecking ridiculas, just another goverment f**k up.

_KDF: you should check the inside of your alloy, especially if uve got fancy ones, coz my standard 15s got damaged and theyv got 55mm rubber+air to protect them!

-phil-

Its rubbish. I live in a expensive part of Essex where everybody drive nice cars and my mate F*cked his wheel on his new TT in the first week! needing a replacment at aroung £500 which he is claiming back. Its bad as we drive cars desighned with better road condiotions in mind. now I know why most people rond here drive 4x4s !

Yeh, and the thing is, im lowering the car by 35mm on sat, wit a firm/sporty spax non adjustable sus kit! my m8 blew both the left hand side tyres on a pothole on his clio, and its lowerd by 35mm too! :cry:

-phil-

Quote: Originally posted by stevo20 on 24 March 2004

fcukin disgusting innit, why on earth do we pay so much for road tax!?!

Its not called road tax any more, its called vehicle excise duty.

Thats the exact reason they changed what they call it. Robbin f**kas!

yeh thats a good idea, BUT i think, as i drove past today, the pothole had been filled in! coz all down the adjacent road there r yellow circles around the potholes.

-phil-

Ph1

S2 PTH

What wheel size/tyre combo are you using ?......if your running 40 series tyres on a 16" or 17" rim it dosent have to be a deep pot hole to s*** up the wheel as I ve found out to my cost in the past.

nah i just got the standard dynamique 15s... (R15/55/185 i think!)

car looks cool now wit the spare- NOT!

-phil-

Yes you can claim ..i have just done that,,,, they not only filled the thing in..they resurfaced the whole road within 48 hours of me moaning.

the council has a duty to maintain the road. Ring up council highways dept, and ask for the forms to be sent... I claimed for tyre and alloy repair.

you need to photograph the hole, and place a tape measure on it..with a coin next to it for perspectives.

the forms go off to the legal team for scrutiny..that is where mine is.

hmmm, but can i really b botherd to go thru all that? its on the inside of the alloy and it looks like it cud b rectified wit the tap of a hammer. And plus, i think it may have been filled in! infact, i might check tonite.

-phil-

Ph1

Plus not all councils are as easy to claim against.....they might turn round and say to you prove that the wheel wasnt damaged before it hit the pot hole or something

nice result though gunner ....goes to prove the old saying if you dont ask you wont get !!!

Also you could go down and cultivate the hole. ;-) i also needed a tyre receipt...which i got :)

when i said need to photograph the hole, this is only to strengthen your case....also was there anyone in your car at the time...witnesses..they ask it all.

gunnergibson-

just drove down the the place where it happend and guess wot? worst possible outcome- its been filled in recently

i spoke to a local who agreed how bad it was but sed it was done monday and i hit it the previous friday! is there nething i can do?

there were 2 people in the car who witnessed me hit the thing then park up a few minuites down the road and check it! (obviously at the time i thought nothing of it)

ive photographed the road that its on and the hole- but is there nething i can do???????

-phil-

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 24 March 2004

Last Friday I drove through Lisvane (a posh area near me) and i hit this huge pot-hole (in the dark). It even skipped the CD player- first time its done that! I stopped the car and looked at my front left alloy (front offside i think?!) and i cudnt see nethin. Every day since that ive been pumpin up the tyre a bit coz its been lookin a bit saggy, and then today i decided to change it, and guess wot i found!!!!?????

The INSIDE of the alloy was bent!!!!! how the????

must have been a really deep pothole coz i only hit it at 30/40ish!

-phil-

Mate if you can get back there quick. Take a picture of the hole. And your Alloy and claim of the council!!!

Revels Mum & Sister

Even still fella

Try! U never know. Might get something! Maybe ask the local to state something if you can!

Polo + Micra

what did they fill it with?? if it was tarmac i think it takes ages for that stuff to get really hard

shovel anyone??

Another idea mate is to find another pothole somewhere and claim off that one... naturally with the witnesses... report it straight away..otehr wise deploy witha pickaxe in the evening and create one :)

yeh, thing is all along that road now they have yellow circles round them, and if i say that it was one of them then they might say u shud have seen it!

-phil-