ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged Williamsprice

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Seen a Williams1 today at the scrappers....

Bodywork is mint, apart from needing a new front wing, missing an alloy, and looks like its had some major suspension damage - the strut on the passenger side is raised and bent, both front wheels are facing the opposite way, and the rear passenger side suspension is knacked - the rear arch is bent outwards where the wheel has hit it....looks like its hit a kerb or somthing at speed on the passenger side....

Interior is mint, ehgine looks ok (89K tho), Williams no. 064 - £1595

Should i buy? - what could i be looking at to get it fixed?

id say make him an offer mate, try for 1200 although as people have said despite it being a williams1 it isnt worth more than 900quid in that condition. If your getting it as a project car mate then what the hell buy it, it shouldnt be about the money if this is the reason cos In the long run itll be good to have an original williams restored to the way they all should be...mint!

Stay clear mate! From your description it sounds alot of trouble. I had a MR2 and got hit hard in the back. Looking at the car it just needed a rear panle, rear bumper and lights. When the Insurance guy looked at they measured it and said the car was 1 inch shorter (chassis)!

ask the scrappy if he can sell it to you, some cars that scrapyards buy are dismantle only !!.......so he might say no.........but the insurance company have written it off for a reason.........usually beyond economical repair.......& if the sheels bent then it aint worth puttin back on the road !!.......unless you have the space & time to re-shell it, but then its not the original williams shell & it wont have the same reg no.....DVLA will probubally "Q" plate it !!.....& they inspect nearly every car thats put on the road from an insurance company write off...they are never the same after a hard smack !!........the risk is up to you !!........but unless you know someone with a body jig or a garage that can pull it straight for you.....then id leave it !!

hope this is enough info for you. ;)

Willy2

break it, buy it for no more for than 700, I recon you can make £1500 if you sell everything, but you need time and space and paying customers