ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged cat?

Ph 1 172
Has anyone ever had a damaged cat causing an acceleration issue? I've had a hesitation on acceleration which then results in a large pop/bang from the exhaust, and then my 172 will accelerate as normal once I put my foot flat on the floor.

the cat also is popping like its a decat.

how do you check too see if the cat is in working condition? Would a simple emmisions test do or is there a test I can do at home with a couple of spanners

Clio Trophy
Hi

it could be a failed center box or rear box, i would check their before you fork out for a cat

Ph 1 172
No center box mate as its a ktec stealth supersports.

What's tge best way to check to see if the back box has broken down, is it simply take it off and tip it up to see if any of the silencer s**t falls out?

to be honest I was just going to get a decat for it of insurance is cool with it.

Clio Trophy
i dont know if you can see up the exhaust without taking it off?

and im not sure what the 172 is like on emissions, but i should think u will still need the cat for MOT's

Ph 1 172
It's so strange it hesitates at around 2-3k rpm but no fault sensor codes, changed plugs, coilpack, oil, air filter, oil filter. Accelerates like normal above 3k rpm and on full throttle, just half throttle at 2-3k rpm struggles like f**k.

Cat and exhaust sensor is my next thing to try lol. Running out of ideas

Artic Blime 182
My 182 is doing the same thing, the exhaust doesn't sound normal either (its a yoza). Sounds raspier than normal but not in a good way... Could it be the cat?