ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dam alarm!!!

AAS'D RB 182
Just wondering if anyone can help, my alarm keeps going of. I can lock the car as normal and it be fine for several hours and then just keeps going of. And as you can imagine its rather annoying at night time. Unfortunatly im no mechanic but any advice would be great. Only thing i can think is the small sensors on the a pillars were damaged when removing to have the trims covered.

Thanks

craig

Had similar happening to mine, i traced it to a dodgy bonnet switch.

If you have a bonnet switch try taping it down so it thinks the bonnet is closed. set your alarm and see if that helps.

BG Clio 182 FF
Mine has been playing up in the hot weather. Think it's one of the door switches.

Just turn it off altogether.

BG Clio 182 FF
Yeah i wondered about it bedn the weather, but how do you turn it if altogether?

Get out of the car. Close door.

Go round to passenger side, open door, lean in and press the "door lock" button on the dash.

Close passenger door and lock it with the key.

Now all doors are locked but no alarm.

AAS'D RB 182
Well had a look tonight door sensors look fine, not sure were the boot one is and as for the bonnet one its none existent the wire is there for it i think with a blue and white clip on it. So pressume its never had one as it was wrapped around the bonnet pull cable. Could this be the cause???