ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily mods?

Clio 182
I'm looking at some simple mods to improve my daily. It already has ktec coil overs which were on it when I brought. I'm thinking arb bushes, wheel spacers and poss a strut brace. Would you say these are worth it for improving handling? It's a standard 182 atm so nothing special and I don't want to spend a fortune as it is used to commute and I'm not tracking it or anything (yet)

330i. E30 Touring.
ARB bushes if you uprate will make it worse on the road. So will spacers. Strut brace does nothing unless it's a PMS one.

Tyres and pads is where to start

I would also ditch the coilovers for standard shocks and lower springs, but then i am old and boring now.

Clio 182
ARB bushes if you uprate will make it worse on the road. So will spacers. Strut brace does nothing unless it's a PMS one.

Tyres and pads is where to start
Already have 4 brand new ps3s on and discs and pads are on the list. I have heard the opposite about the spacers but not much else about any other mods. Tbh if that's the case then even better as it keeps costs down but I want to get the best out of the car

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would never have spacers again. Looks better drives worse, in my opinion.

Does it drive well at the mo with the coilovers?

Listerine & Poledo
The one thing you could do which'll improve things overnight:
Limited Slip Diff

And yes, that'll be some money :/

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Omp steering wheel. heel and toe pedal. pms / scenic shifter. brakes. tyres. whiteline rear arb. fatty induction kit. decat. rs tuner or efi remap. full tank of vpower.
Go and enjoy it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Omp steering wheel. heel and toe pedal. pms / scenic shifter. brakes. tyres. whiteline rear arb. fatty induction kit. decat. rs tuner or efi remap. full tank of vpower.
Go and enjoy it.

Are the standard pedals no good for heel and toe? I've only had one experience in a mk2 driving it half properly and I don't remember having any trouble with pedal spacing.

Tyres
Brakes
Recaros
Turinis
Silver visions

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Cup shocks
Eibach sportlines
Whiteline RARB
Rs tuner or efi map - standard cold start sucks balls

Clio 182
Don't want to spend anything

Don't want to look like everyone else, but asks them anyway

Don't get it?
don't have to spend ££££'S to get the best out of a car and I'm not interested in scene points! The car cost less than 2k in the first place and is a essentially a 12 year old Clio, not worth spending excessive money on. If I wanted to spend I'd have brought something new that I didn't need to upgrade lol. I'm asking what people think about the things I've suggested or alternatives!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I think your right mate.
Defo think about upgrading the steering wheel. If you go for a 330mm OMP wheel you will wonder why you hadnt done it sooner.
It makes the car feel so much better than with the bus driver wheel on. its not to expensive to do.
Fatty induction kit costs roughly £30 to do. easy and cheap mod which gives a nice sound when pushing on.
Pedals, again... £15ish iirc off of here.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

What utter rubbish.

I remember once I went to my gfs house a few years ago where the roads are amazing. I finished the drive there and couldn't for the life of me wonder why the drive was so much better and tighter around the B roads. It only occurred to me that evening that the last time I'd driven there I hadn't updated the arb bushes. For me to think that it felt better and completely forgetting I'd done it proves it wasn't placebo either.

Whiteline arb also makes a very noticeable difference for turn in, especially if it's on hard and the bushes are rose jointed. Not really sure how you can say it does nothing unless it's just misinterpreted information diluted down on here and you haven't got back to back evidence? . It stops the rear beam from flexing by a significant amount.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
For what it's worth I've got a before and after vid at Curborough track of before and after my whiteline fitted and it's crazy how much understeer it removes at the top bend.

330i. E30 Touring.
What utter rubbish.

I remember once I went to my gfs house a few years ago where the roads are amazing. I finished the drive there and couldn't for the life of me wonder why the drive was so much better and tighter around the B roads. It only occurred to me that evening that the last time I'd driven there I hadn't updated the arb bushes. For me to think that it felt better and completely forgetting I'd done it proves it wasn't placebo either.

Whiteline arb also makes a very noticeable difference for turn in, especially if it's on hard and the bushes are rose jointed. Not really sure how you can say it does nothing unless it's just misinterpreted information diluted down on here and you haven't got back to back evidence? . It stops the rear beam from flexing by a significant amount.

I said uprate, not update.

Powerflex on the road - not for me. Brand spankers OE, i'm all over.

Whiteline - i love. Where have i said they're no good?

Listerine & Poledo
Nope. Not into all that tbh. Decent speakers maybe but that's it
Speakers are all fine, wouldn't even bother changing them. All they lack is low-end, so a small sub, even an unserseat one, will be enough to make a significant difference..... along with a new head unit that is.

But changing actual front speakers is more effort than it's worth.

Anyways, replacing the 12yr old, worn mechanical OEM stuff for new OEM stuff will be like a whole new dawn for the car. Hell, even when my 172 was 8yrs old it was getting wallowy

don't have to spend ££££'S to get the best out of a car and I'm not interested in scene points! The car cost less than 2k in the first place and is a essentially a 12 year old Clio, not worth spending excessive money on. If I wanted to spend I'd have brought something new that I didn't need to upgrade lol. I'm asking what people think about the things I've suggested or alternatives!

Scene points... When did we get onto VAG fag lol

I wouldn't spend a penny on it, just sell it on after you get bored of it, as with ARB, strut brace etc I still don't think you will get much out of it without continuing on spending out on repairs and worn out bits which goes on and on and costs a fair bit for decent replacements

Clio 182
so im thinking of using oe bushes all round apart from the dog bone which i'll uprate and a whiteline arb with solid top mounts up front. should sharpen it up nicely, like i say its already sitting on ktec's own coilovers which im aware arent great but they were on it when i brought so not going to spend swapping them out!
yay or nay...

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Just refresh everything with new OEM bits, they're not too expensive. It will transform it if there are a lot of original bits on there, as they'll likely be pretty worn by now. That's more than fine for a road car in my view.

172 Turbo
I absolutely love my Cup again, it's gone from having ITBs and an unsilenced exhaust to back on standard induction with an extra silencer.

It's got all new Renault bushes, with a set of B14s, a Whiteline, RC6 pads and Quaife. I really can't think of a car to replace it with.

Not sure how it will feel on track, but on the road (in the countryside where I live) it's a whole load of fun, if not the quickest thing.