ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D4F - 1.2 Downpipe/Manifold Gasket

Clio 01 Dyn
Afternoon,

I am looking for some general advice on the gasket between the downpipe and the manifold on my 1.2 Clio (D4F), 2001 - Ph2

I had a blow out from this gasket (or lack of gasket, from who ever owned the car before me).
I cleaned down the 2 mating surfaces, and tightened all back up with a new gasket, and it is still blowing out. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good way of fixing this? Should i be using a copious amount of Exhaust paste or something?

Also.. I am wondering if the exhaust studs should have 2 or 3 washers on them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgmwtmsbuv7by86/2013-02-27 18.34.07.jpg?m

Clio 01 Dyn
How much you looking for the gasket?

So you suggest using some kind of Exhaust paste then. Not sure id like to silicone it - Never used silicone on an exhaust lol

FF Clio 182
How much you looking for the gasket?

So you suggest using some kind of Exhaust paste then. Not sure id like to silicone it - Never used silicone on an exhaust lol

Just give me your address and I will post it to you. I not bothered about getting thing for it, think of it as an early Christmas present. Lol

Lionel Richie
exhaust paste is s**t, high temp silicone rtv is fine, its what any decent garage/motosport pro would use

Clio 01 Dyn
Just wondering Fellas, Any of you ever fitted the studs that screw up into the manifold that the downpipe bolts to?

I got 2 new ones from Renault, but im wondering.. Do these go in, finger tight, or do i need to swing on them? as i was thinking that possibly the pressure of the downpipe should mean it wont come loose.. Any ideas?

FF Clio 182
Just to them up and then an extra quarter turn, the gasket should cushion it (I posted your gasket btw). Just be careful getting the old ones off, recommend getting the exhaust hot to soften them up a little.