ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyclone Blue - Sport 'Rep Project..

Low!
My 1.2 Cyclone Blue Clio. It started off like this:

105b1ag.jpg

It was a lovely, female owned slow mobile with enough space in the arches to bring a few polish families across the border and perfect for Zooming to the local supermarket and back at silly speeds of around 20MPH! :dapprove:

On my first day of ownership I gave it a very good cleaning because the garage I bought it from didn't even valet it for me! :eek:

18gqkn.jpg

I then think at some point took a hit to the head as I did this:

mw3c7p.jpg

However, not all was lost. I did see sense and got rid of the stupid eBay stripes, Bought Coilovers, Sport Interior and Sprayed the Wheeeels!

2i6c96p.jpg

30ccf39.jpg

It had been like this for a while and I decided I wanted to make it into a bit of a sport rep. I had thought for a while that I would just colour code the parts on the car, but I really like the look of the sport bumpers so it took a good while to find all the parts but they all arrived one by one!

ruoak0.jpg

It then took me a a whole day to fit the parts! The old wings were a **** to get off and I ended up doing it till 7PM, F00K me it was cold!

e66p80.jpg

It's now a Cyclone Blue Sport Rep.

1zxttgy.jpg

I only have a photo of the front at the moment, I will try and take some more today.

I do have new wheels to go on but I need to get some spacers for the front before they go on!

I have also tidied up the engine bay:

33fgsxj.gif

Low!
would love to see more photo's off this! how much has it cost to be sprayed?

I will get more photo's when I get chance to wash it, it's covered in dust and all sorts at the moment.

I paid £450 for it to be sprayed. That was for:

Bonnet, Wings, Drivers Door, Spoiler, Front Bumper, Back Bumper, Door Strips and Side Skirts.

Clio 1.2
very jealous of your car! if i could have done anything to my car yours is exactly how i would have mine! if your looking for spacers i have got some i never put on my car (15mm delta mic 'hubcentric' ones)

Low!
New wheels are on. Will be adjusting the height slight lower when I get round to replacing the top mounts.

2rxfimb.gif

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
looks really good so far mate, also have a cyclone but dont have a big budget so cant do what youve done . what did you do with your old wheels?

Low!
LOL. My pictures suck because I FAIL @ Picture taking, so I have to take 100's of photo's before one turns out slightly acceptable.. ;)

Took this one, but thought the angle made it look Ghey!..

2qxq0yh.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks good mate!

Front wheels look like they could do with a little more spacing.

Stand back from the car, get the whole car into the frame, then take the photo ;)

It does look good from the random angles we've seen in the pics though so nice one.

Low!
Been busy the past few weeks sorting a few things out on the car. I had originally bought a new clutch to fit however with being busy and worries about doing it as I had never done one before I gave it to a friend to do for a reasonable fee of £140.

Spent today replacing the top mount bearings, as I had fitted them upside down when originally fitted my coilovers! :dapprove: Also put some underseal in the arches and trimmed the arch liners to get rid of the rubbing. All sorted now though.

Got a few things planned in the next few weeks ;)

Bring on some decent weather, fed up of trying to work on a car in the rain..

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
just noticed this thread mate, my old 1.2 was this colour and i always wanted to do this to it! looks top notch mate, needs some spacers on there! i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, please keep us updated!

Low!
Gave the old girl a quick clean today, only got the hosepipe out and got henry to help me with the inside :)

2wolzqw.gif

2qohe.gif

2h3beqs.jpg

Bit of carbon vinyl:

20jmopg.jpg

eu31it.gif

s5ftld.jpg

Need to just finish spraying the engine cover, not sure what colour to go. Either silver or colour code. Still need front spacers too but not got any money yet!!

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
cars looking good mate, where did you get the red hoses for the engine bay?

Low!
Few updates, First one is:

30w4foi.gif

Probably quite a few haters for these but they look better than the standard callipers painted red so I'm happy with them!

The rest is just a few bit's in the engine bay.

2lm3tip.jpg

4vivyp.jpg

znapds.jpg

A sexy one
how much did you lower it mate? looks perfect height im unsure what to do with mine :( what spacers you got on the front?? :)

Clio & Mini
Love the rep mate! I am slowly collecting parts for my weee campus! Great colour and a cup spoiler FTW and what stickers (ie where they from) did you use?

Low!
how much did you lower it mate? looks perfect height im unsure what to do with mine :( what spacers you got on the front?? :)

Not sure on the height, I have cheap rokkor coilovers, they are set about 2" from the bottom. And I don't have any spacers yet on the front, I am looking at getting 15mm :)