ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cv joint differences

Hi all.
Trying to figure out how i can fit my 172 brakes to my mk1 without widening the track. Are all mk2 as in the 1.2 clios to the 182s the same cv joint? And is this joint interchangeable with my mk1 shafts. They have a larger diameter going into the hub.
Cheers.

PH2 172
Hi all.
Trying to figure out how i can fit my 172 brakes to my mk1 without widening the track. Are all mk2 as in the 1.2 clios to the 182s the same cv joint? And is this joint interchangeable with my mk1 shafts. They have a larger diameter going into the hub.
Cheers.
Take a look at Shaftec CV joint CV345AN.
It is listed as Scenic only, but as Megane & 172/182 have the same shafts in some applications, it should fit these.
I cannot comment if the mk1 shaft has the same outer splines, as I have not looked into it.
Might give it a go later.

Ah damn. Thanks for trying. That rules that option out. Are they the same across the range though. I rekon i could get shafts cut and shut through work. If they are the same i can get £30 shafts instead of £150 172 specific ones haha

PH2 172
Ah damn. Thanks for trying. That rules that option out. Are they the same across the range though. I rekon i could get shafts cut and shut through work. If they are the same i can get £30 shafts instead of £150 172 specific ones haha

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...E01XRCtV$&vid=1262&cid=2041912743&uid=1667&q=

There are some mk1`s with front wheel bearings 72x37x37 mm, same as 172`s, therefore there should be a Mk1 shaft to fit.

Sorry, I`m a bit out my depth with MK1`s.