ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot loose

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Had the wheels off the other day to see if my new alloys would clear the calipers and noticed the cv boot wasnt secured and looking dry :S

Basically i want to resecure it... I was thinking of a metal hose clip but halfords didnt do any big enough! Anyone know the exact size i need? Also im thinking this might unbalance the car, like when they put those weights on ur tyres... do renault sell the metal bands individually? and do i have to disconnect the wheel hub from the drive shaft to get it on?!

Cheers

Attachments

• cv boot.JPG
    cv boot.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 37
  2002 Clio & 1969 Benz
It won't unbalance the car... the reason they put weights on your wheels is because the wheels themselves are not correctly balanced, not your car... a hoseclip or something will be fine... mine just slips over and seals fine. Anyways, quit worrying just do whatever works.

I personally would undo the lower suspension tower bolts and support the hub while doing this obviously. and that will give you the manouverability to swivel the hub and driveshaft a bit and it might just slot back on and into place correctly. Be careful though as the driveshaft tends to want to slide out sometimes.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
EuroClio, The other wheel has a metal band on its cv boot, like on the pic, but its dissappeared on this side somehow! anyway, thanks for your replies - ill get a 100mm jubilee clip off ebay :)