ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot clip

Williams 2 & 200
Hello, i've been told today that two clips have come off my CV Boot and some grease has leaked out. What i was planning to do is re-use the boots (as their fine) and just pump some more grease in and put some new clips on. Is there anything else that i need to do?

MK2 172 FF
Do you need to use the proper clip from Renault? on my old 225 you could only get them from Renault as others wouldn't fit. Now Renault been Renault decided that you couldn't get buy the clip separately you could only buy it in the kit. so a 50p fancy jubilee clip ended up costing me nearly £30

Williams 2 & 200
Do you need to use the proper clip from Renault? on my old 225 you could only get them from Renault as others wouldn't fit. Now Renault been Renault decided that you couldn't get buy the clip separately you could only buy it in the kit. so a 50p fancy jubilee clip ended up costing me nearly £30

Well i've just ordered this clip kit off ebay so hopefully it will do the job.

MK2 172 FF
the one i got from Andrew Pages was exactly the same as that and didnt fit, im sure that this will be different for the 1*2's

Williams 2 & 200
the one i got from Andrew Pages was exactly the same as that and didnt fit, im sure that this will be different for the 1*2's

Yeah hopefully, its not exactly a complex bit of kit but i expect you thought that with the 225! I'll report back after the weekend to let u know.

MK2 172 FF
i thought that i would just be able to wack a normal jubilee clip on to put me on, how wrong was i lol

Ph1
Well i've just ordered this clip kit off ebay so hopefully it will do the job.

What have you done that for lol ?

Thats probably worse than the Renault clips.

All you need is the greece which is pence per packet (75p area) and a correct sized jubilee clip, roughly a quid.

Williams 2 & 200
What have you done that for lol ?

Thats probably worse than the Renault clips.

All you need is the greece which is pence per packet (75p area) and a correct sized jubilee clip, roughly a quid.

Its only a clip mate if its cr@p i'll just get a jubliee clip!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
jubilee clip mines been ok for 6 months! :) b & q didnt sell them at the time but i have seem them since! :eek: had to cut the over hang down though so it didnt catch on anything :eek: