ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting out on 182`s

SEAT LEON
Hi Boys,
I Have Recentley Found Faults With The 182`s. Cutting Out At Speeds And When Pulling Away At Lights. It Is Due To A Fault With The Engine Temp Sensor And The Wiring. It Has Been Relesed By Renault On A Ti Note. Replacing The Sensor And A New Conection. The Wiring Then Has 2 B Routed In A Different Route To Stop Open Circuits On The Sensor. Just Thought Id Mention This 2 U All To Be Aware Ov.
Av Any Ov U Ad These Faults???????

Lee

BMW M2C
Tell me about it. I've had 2 on my Trophy already and it's still fucked, in fact I'm fuming today as it's been worse than ever so now the car has to go back in again next Wednesday.

Any chance you can give me the technical note reference please mate so I can force them to look it up and fix it for me finally. It's bound to be fine when I get to the dealers as always, then they'll tell me they won't do anything.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Yep, think i've just had this repaired today.

Car was stuttering and then cutting out, fixed 3 faults, couple to do with the sensor i think that showed up and touch wood so far it's been spot on ( hope i've not jinxed it now!)

RenaultSport clio 182
I initially noticed it from the thermostat needle, it kept dropping and climbing again. Then it cut out on the M6 at 100 mph.

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't f**king believe this now. They've had the car all day and have just called to say they have confimed what I told them, but nothing shows up on the CLIP. They reckon it must be a dodgy connection on the sensor so now I have to take the car back to them tomorrow as they don't have one in stock. I'd have settled for one ripped out of car on the forecourt to be honest if it meant I could get it fixed.

Do they not realise people have jobs to go to?

Lee

BMW M2C
Apparently the fix mentioned in this thread was applied to all cars at the factory after May 2005, so it's more likely a problem with the connector or the sensor itself.

Mine appears to be the connector so they are swapping the sensor out today.