ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting out, engine management light

Recently my car (02 1.2 16v) has been cutting out at idle.

It drives perfectly and most of the time idles @750 rpm.
but sometimes, out of the blue, the engine management light comes on and the car will idle irratically at standstill (500rpm - 1000rpm) like it is going to stall.
if pick the revs up to stop it from stalling the engine revs don't rise smoothly as if the timing is out (i know it's not that)
if i rev it and take my foot of the accelerator the revs drop below 500rpm nearly stalling idling irratically again or it does stall.

It does this sometimes if im stationary in traffic or stopping and starting for long periods. city driving is a b*****d having to keep starting my car up!!
most of the time it's okay, but when the engine mangement light comes on problems start and it really pisses me off!

it doesn't do it all the time only when stop start for long periods hence i don't think it's a idle control sensor thing or anythin to do with the fuel and air mix.

i have also noticed a flat spot appear at arround 3000rpm?
don't know weather this is relevant?

please help me !! :dapprove: