ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting out at junction

Renault Clio 182 BG
my old throttle body died so I've put a used one on bought from a French car breakers. Been out for a test drive and it cuts out when coming up to junctions or putting the clutch down.
The coil pack, HT leads and spark plugs are all new within the last 6 month.
I've read somewhere about having to reset the throttle body?

Renault Clio 182 BG
Might sound daft but how do you clean it? I've been told not to move the butterfly value as I will damage the motor

BG Clio 182 FF
Might sound daft but how do you clean it? I've been told not to move the butterfly value as I will damage the motor
Take off the throttle body, squirt it with carb cleaner but avoid completely soaking it, make sure you move the butterfly carefully and clean around it with a cloth/kitchen roll.

Renault Clio 182 BG
Take off the throttle body, squirt it with carb cleaner but avoid completely soaking it, make sure you move the butterfly carefully and clean around it with a cloth/kitchen roll.

Thanks, I'll give it try today. I hope it works as it would mean I've been through 3 throttle bodies!

BG Clio 182 FF
Thanks, I'll give it try today. I hope it works as it would mean I've been through 3 throttle bodies!
Mmmm, if you've already changed throttle bodies twice it might be something else. Cam timing? Have you had the cambelt done recently?

Renault Clio 182 BG
Mmmm, if you've already changed throttle bodies twice it might be something else. Cam timing? Have you had the cambelt done recently?

The first one to go was the original so not over bothered about that, the second one was attached to a manifold I had bought so I don't know what condition it was in.
No work done recently, cambelt done about 25k ago.
Been out again this morning and all well? I'm suspicious of things just fixing themselves!

BG Clio 182 FF
Mine used to do it when pulling up to junctions or reverse parking. If cam belt was done 25k ago then it rules that out.