ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom turbo kit on 1.2 16v engine

clio 1.2 16v
to some of u guys this might sound stupid but i have bin thinking about gettin a custom turbo kit made up 4 my 1.2 .I know it aint goin to do much but im only 17 and im turbo made i have got the money to get a 2.0 conversion but my insurance wont touch me at least i can hide the turbo ;) if u no wot i mean ,its not speed im after its just that dump valve nosie and i cant be doin with one of those fake things.
wot do u lot recon

p.s my car will be in fast car in the next couple of months its called "ORANGE APEAL" coz its focus st orange and it looks the bollox:D

Milltek'd 182
i would advise you tell the insurance mate. it isnt like you can take it out easily. you write off your car and are injured your not insured, let alone if you hit a little girl or something. and all for not that much performance wise. bit of a waste of money imo!
see how much it is to insure first! otherwise wait a few years and do what i did...get a 182 :)

Last edited:
  172 cup,s2 rs turbo
hide it until you have an accident then oops no insurance. save your money if i was u.

Milltek'd 182
www.bell.co.uk - add two old drivers to the policy too (dont even have to be related/live with you) and save a few 100's

adrianflux.co.uk

or go to the insurance sticky there are loads of companies on there just to ring through. :)

Valver
cheers anyway wot do u lot recon on putin a turbo on a 1.2 anyway

You wouldn't see much gains and it would cost ££££ also ud look like a rite tit because you 'd rev the b****cks off it and get ure dump valver noise but u would have hardly moved because it would still be slow! So people would probably think you have a fake dump valve cause your car is so slow...

No point tubrioing the 1.2 need to chnage to much new intake manifold and the gains arn't going to be huge 120hp or so with stock internals and thats enough torque to need a new clutch and gearbox won't last long least you can chnage for a JC% etc but for the hastle stick a bigger engine in much more reliable.

clio 1.2 16v
lol i no wot ya sayin fella i just got the idae from the new twingo coz thats a 1.2 turbo n thats spose to be 100bhp dat aint that bad 4 a 1.2 lol do u recon the engin will last with a small turbo obviously im goin to uprate my pistons to make the enigin that lttle bit stronger

80MPG BEEZA
i had my 2.0 in for about 6 months without declaring it mainly down to lazyness i eventually got it all sorted and it cost me an extra £300 :) B I N GO and binkgo was his name o

53 Clio's & counting
id say dont bother mate,no one will make stuff like lower comp pistons either so it will cost you soooooooooo much money and it seriously wont be worth it mate

lol i no wot ya sayin fella i just got the idae from the new twingo coz thats a 1.2 turbo n thats spose to be 100bhp dat aint that bad 4 a 1.2 lol do u recon the engin will last with a small turbo obviously im goin to uprate my pistons to make the enigin that lttle bit stronger
You need to read up more about what to do when you turbo a car. Saying your going to have stronger pistons means nothing they don't need to be stronger lower CR is what you mean.

Renault new 100hp 1.2 turboi isn't exactly the same engine thye've gone and lmped a turbo onto its going to be a very different engine.
id say dont bother mate,no one will make stuff like lower comp pistons either so it will cost you soooooooooo much money and it seriously wont be worth it mate
Agreed but you cna get pistons etc made up.

LY 182
to do the job properly its going to need custom manifolds oil lines made up return welded in to the sump low comp pistons probably forged rods lots of headwork different cam new management
oh, and dump valves are for people who dont know what they are doing...

Clio mk3 1.2
I know of a 1.216v that was built by a company in Rochdale. 218BHP and....

a £20k bill.
This is what we wanna see, anyone know where I can get an exhaust manifold made for the old 1.2 coz this b**ch boring don’t wanna see the you can’t do it reply’s we need answers let’s make it happen because I’ve seen that it can be done