ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom remap

172 cup, Impreza P1
I've got a 182 exhaust manifold and Decat link pipe to fit to my 172 ktec stealth system and want to get a custom map to suit. I would also like to change the stealth system to a yozzasport race system. If I was to get it mapped for the ktec stealth them change to the yozza race system later would I need another tweek to the map?

Cheers,
Steven

172 cup
Dont want to go off your topic mate but where you getting it mapped I am from Glasgow as well. I am making a custom manifold and needing mapping. As for you question above I would not think there would be much difference with the exhausts

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm taking it to VES-Sport in Dumblane. Why are you making your own mani? It's a difficult one to get right for power and torque and also its to fit a vert right space.

Wouldn't of thought it would make too much difference but wasn't sure due to one being a race system and the other not.

172 cup
Making manifold really just to give me something to do if it works it works. You have got to try it. Got all the bits now just ready to start it.
Do ves sport do custom maps?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just from what I've read into manifolds about the length of each cylinder pipe then the length of the next section before mating into the main single section looks very tricky. There was a review written about all the different types of manifolds for the CTR and how they all made improvements in power over the OE unit, some lost torque at certain areas of the curve that made driveability poorer. Good luck anyway but make sure you do your homework.

VES do custom maps on the rollers. K-tec recommended them to me.

clio 182 FF
Have you considered using Kevin from Falkland performance to remap your car ? im about to get mines mapped soon and haven't decided where to go yet, so it would be good to here some comments on VES as they are alot closer to me than Falkland performance is .

172 cup
I had never heard of ves before. I am not sure about falkland tho it would be good to find out a bit more about the two of them. Last time i took my frs south to be mapped but Clio will be going on the trailer so closer the better for me.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I haven't heard too much about VES but I was enquiring with Ktec about ITB's and they recommended them. They have been shut for a few weeks getting a new rolling road and equipment installed so certainly have the apparatus for the job.

I'll let you know when I decide.

I had considdered the RStuner idea but on reading up on them I'm not sure now. So many people saying they get poor service from Henk.

172 cup
I have a rs tuner for sale if you want to give it a go?
I would think if ves are spending money on a new rolling road it's got to be worth a try. Have you had a price from them?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Price is around £250 for full set up and a print out.

Do you have a map on the rstuner for a 182 with a Decat?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Might just leave it till the end of the summer before the remap then as I can't afford the exhaust due to all the track days I have planned.

Problem is the longer I leave it the more I think, matched inlet then itb's and so on. Very addictive!

172 cup, Impreza P1
that a custom map for £250 notes? sounds cheap, thats generic reflash money?

What they have said to map the car is 4 hours on the rollers to calibrate with a full print out of power and torque curves. If the car is straight forward thats what it'll be if they come across other issues then it might be more.

172 cup, Impreza P1
The rs tuner will require a map to be down loaded from fastchip it's about 5€.

Where are you in Glasgow? I might be interested in the RS tuner. What is the difference in the old style to new and can the your unit do all maps? Also cant they get rid of airbag warning lights or am I hoping for too much?

172 cup
I am from Helensburgh mate. I am unsure about the difference between the two of them. I am unsure about the air bag light if you check out the fastchip website it should give you all the info you need.

£250 is a good price but for mapping I think the cost will go up quick once you get there. I am budgeting on at least £500 but if cheaper I will be very happy. There is also the savings of traveling south.