ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom rear springs advice

Weeman sucks ****
I have the H&R road kit on the cup, love it and tbh cant fault it. Would fitting custom rear springs a little lower and stiffer cause problems or extra strain on the shocks?

This low compared to original:

DSC01126.gif

Chocolate Bar™
would put additional strain on the dampers, but cant see it being that much of an issue as the FK kit goes that low on koni dampers without much fuss.

tbh i would stick with the H&R setup unless you purely want it for looks.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
we've had this discussion. im happy to make some wooden shocks for static use ;)

Weeman sucks ****
hi!

if anything i just want things a bit stiffer in my life. looks aren't so important really. cheers guys (and tom)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yee you can go lower, im down on 120mm on the rear and have Spax adjustable damperson the rear, been down to iirc about 140-150mm and shocks handled very well.

RS RIP
Chris have you removed the adjustment platform that comes with the H&R set already ?

My car also badly needs to go a bit lower at the back, but it's at its lowest adjustment. Still loving the setup !

A while back you recommended them to me , remember ?

Chris you need some liner race springs. Faulkners are about 20quid each. I have 5 inch 300lb eibach race springs. I wanna try 400lb soon, so could send u my 300's to try!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
You still got the rear adjusters in? Wasn't happy with how mine sat with them in so took them out and it sits perfectly now. Hasn't changed anything handling wise and the springs don't fall out when the car is jacked up either.

340i
Chris you need some liner race springs. Faulkners are about 20quid each. I have 5 inch 300lb eibach race springs. I wanna try 400lb soon, so could send u my 300's to try!

Do those springs fit without any rear adjustment platforms? My kw v2's do not lower the rear at all (fully stripped car)..

I could do with something around 40mm lower and a little stiffer!!

yeah you can run them on there own, i use my LEDA platforms ... well parts of the original platform anyway.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
When I spoke to them they hadn't actually got one that they knew of that would fit the clio? Said I'd need to send in my current spring with some new measurements.

340i
When I spoke to them they hadn't actually got one that they knew of that would fit the clio? Said I'd need to send in my current spring with some new measurements.

That is what a localish company told me...

send current spring, tell them how stiffer and lower I want to go..

TBH I think they could go a more "stiffer" but I do not know by how mucho??

Weeman sucks ****
that's what i need to know. i need an inbetween for road and track. road they're fine (although stiffer would be ok) but on track they're too soft.