ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom order connecting rods ( con rods )

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its good insurance, even though you old one will more than likely still be fine, you could take it apart and measure the clearance I guess, but I would just bang a new one on personally.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
for then sake of 160£ I don't think i'll bother taking the old one part.

last thing I want is a pump going down on a new rebuilt engine !

finally took the plunge on the rods, fardon will be doing them, my boss went down as he knows a chap in there. after some discussion
he said if I don't mind waiting a month or so, they can do it for 800 all in, with custom slots for the toothed shells.

then the fun of getting new shells for the crank itself, as the guy at Renault parts Wolverhampton said the dci engine has ( blue/ red/ green/ yellow , with part numbers A/ B ect )
this will be fun to find, as the old ones probably will not have colours on anymore :banghead:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yup quoted 160 genuine , unless I misheard the guy on the phone lol

Will check email now, suprised you could actually see the pics haha :D
Chip-mk1 the guy said the shells don't have sizes just colours and letters LOL it a guess which ones are the smallet ect
might just let Fred sort that bit out :p

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
have you looked at K4M rods? they use the DCI crank in motorsport K4M's so that end at least will fit.

There's a company in the next village up from me that forge rods on site, custom from £400 a set (I'm guessing that's very dependant on spec, but they list a few popular sets for £450). They're good too, they make flywheels for TTV, and cam pulleys for Newman

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
fred:

piston spec

Shaft height: 41.80 mm Longeur : 14/66 mm
Ax diameter of piston: 26mm
Length of shaft: 60 mm
N ° de brut fund.
Piston Ø: 76.00

cylinder bore ~ 76mm
piston stroke 80.5mm