ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom exhaust abarth 500.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I'm 21 on Thursday and the girlfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday so told her i wanted an exhaust and after a lot of looking around i decided to go down the custom route as i miss the way my R26 sounded with no backbox, dropped it off last night and picked it up this afternoon, sound amazing.

Really deep burble and pops, bangs and crackles on the gear change. Build quality is amazing i just need to take it back to have the tips moved in a bit but I sort of like the way they sit but i feel they are a bit to stuck out, its basically a 3 inch straight through system all the way to two 4 inch slash cut tips, got a lifetime warranty through longlife exhaust......

really happy with the sound and seems to rev abit more freely but that might just be me thinking that.....

Will get some videos of it under load later on tonight.....

Vids:

A few pictures

what do you guys think of the tips? should i get them moved in a bit?

281784_10150735393040293_582855292_19846868_660131  6_n.jpg

267251_10150735393990293_582855292_19846887_133578  4_n.jpg

185504_10150735395555293_582855292_19846914_568521  _n.jpg

Dirty car.

185335_10150735397525293_582855292_19846948_150506  4_n.jpg

thanks for looking

Lynden

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it just sounds like the exhaust has fallen off, but as long as you're happy. Tips look great.

What's that like on the motorway pmsl? Cotton wool in your ears to soak up the blood?

By the way, that is a massive cop magnet now. Don't be moaning when you get pulled and ordered to remove it, or face having your car crushed. Again.

Lol sorry I couldn't resist that last bit :eek: x

Z4
To me it just sounds like the exhaust has fallen off, but as long as you're happy. Tips look great.

What's that like on the motorway pmsl? Cotton wool in your ears to soak up the blood?

Have to agree. Doesn't sound sporty, sounds like a tractor, and I should know I'm from Norfolk.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
sounds a lot better under load, and its fine on the motorway, doesn't really drone much as its a force induction car so its no too bad, it gets quieter when I'm on b00st actually, more of a whooshing noise.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Not to sure would like to bear a drive by to hear it under load

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lol I found something the other day, on my expansion tank in my engine bay it says '1.4 bar' made me think of you LOL

It gets rolling roaded in 3 weeks so will let the figures do the talking ;-)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Like the car but f*ck me that sounds sh*t. You've excelled once again.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It sounds a lot better under load and iPhone isn't the Height of audio recording lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Get some drive by vids.

Most performance exhausts sound a bit pants when you're sat on the drive revving them.

182 Turbo Project
Sounds alright that mate!

I would get the tips moved in a bit though. Maybe so that they sit flush?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh thats the idea, the bangs on high rev gear changes are brilliant

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It sounds immense when it's in gear, the pops and bangs are the best bit :) and it was 150 quid :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Red leather looks nice!! Same as my old one that!! Exhaust is beddin in nicely now, sounds great.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lol such a nice system!! The B2B bypass exhaust looks good but retails at like 1300 quid lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Longlife. :dapprove: I hope yours is better than the two I had in three months.

Not a fan of the broken sound, but the tips look great... kind of FRS ish.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well the garage who made it are well known for really well built and quality exhausts.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
looks nice, i'd leave the tips as they are unless they expand out when hot too much. But not sure of the sound on a standard abarth. Maybe if it were stripped rally / touring / street monster that had the power to back up the noise.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's got 175ish and it's very light as I've stripped the back out so it's not lacking in poke, it's just really good fun to drive

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Longlife is a franchise isn't it? I guess it depends on which garage you use.

I know the one in Leeds is highly rated.