ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

curved pictures?

I have a canon 450D and want to take some shots that are a little curved? how do you do this? is there a setting on the camera? or do I need a different lens?

Thanks.

I'm guessing you mean a fisheye? If so you need a dedicated lens, this was taken with my nose pretty much pressed up against the telescope thing, the field of view is insane, it's a challenge just to make sure your feet aren't in the photo.

3302549040_11e0f989aa.jpg

17/02/09: Top of the Rock by Harry_S, on Flickr

Hmm id love a fish eye, the good lenses can be exspensive though?

Very nice shot above,

I take it the ebay hong kong adapters are s**t? or alright for a bit of experimentation?

Yeah looks good for experimenting with and action shots, detail looks heavily reduced, is it?

Effect is cool though, id buy one if i knew id be using it all the time.

chumpmobile
yeah around the edges it goes wierd

using a screw on one (the image quality is really shite around the edges but not too bad in the middle):
249531_10150259661291558_718281557_9195773_6720726_n.jpg

using a real fisheye (good quality the whole way around!):
200809_10150449045695591_851875590_17777772_2982111_n.jpg

182 & Porsche 986
3867716096_97053c30ff_z.jpg

Untitled by clairemae, on Flickr

taken with a nikon fisheye, 10.5mm don't know what the canon equivalent is.. they are a bit exteme and can be overused, maybe just a wide angle would be better for day to day use.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There are two types of fish-eye .. diagonal and circular (?!) .. one gives the port-hole look like the cheap ones above, and the other is better IMO (but depends what you're trying to achieve with it) as shown in Claire's picture above.

10-20mm FTW ... (because I can't justify buying a fisheye :'( )

5400785437_412c5c6ba7_z.jpg

Clean Monaco by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

As above, fish eye lens is required. You can create a similar* effect in PS using the Spherize (sp?) filter tool.

*NB: The term "similar" is used very loosely

lift number 1 @ btm
As above, fisheye is the way to go.
The cheapest (if you get on with manual focus) seem to be the samyang/Rokinon etc ones, they are all made in the same factory and I've seen people getting amazingly sharp shots with them.

yes thats the one, what lens do you use?

Nikon 10.5mm, not cheap unfortunately. The effect is purely down to the angle and shot you're aiming for, stick the horizon bang in the middle and it's not even immediately obvious you used one...

3302597680_6afa7d13bc.jpg

17/02/09: Brooklyn Bridge by Harry_S, on Flickr

They can be overused so it's hard to justify the cost, I kept about 15 shots from my New York trip but most like above are not obviously fisheye shots.

3867716096_97053c30ff_z.jpg

Untitled by clairemae, on Flickr

taken with a nikon fisheye, 10.5mm don't know what the canon equivalent is.. they are a bit exteme and can be overused, maybe just a wide angle would be better for day to day use.

Thats a lovely photo! And has maybe inspired me to get the fisheye 'adapter' for my sony 16mm prime, unlike the cheapo screw on ones this adapter was made with the lens and actually improves image quality by clipping it on, I already have the ultra wide angle 'clip on' which makes the shots more contrasty etc. Although at £100 each they aint cheap!