ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Current/Next Gen/PC] Far Cry 4

Clio 182
Hopefully someone can help with this. I tried to take a tower (well, get to it) you have to grapple up to it. Now I've done the first few grapples then there's 3 in quick succession moving from one side of a rock wall to another. But I can't figure out where I go from there? It looks like you swing between the cliffs and around the corner to the left possibly and jump onto a ledge but I kept falling off. Or you can get to a proper ledge on the right hand side but then can't reach anything. There's snipers above you and a zipline higher up but I couldn't figure it out, I just got pissed off and headed east instead. Anyone recognise it? There's a load of yaks and bharals knocking about the place.
I think that's the one I did yesterday, if it is, rather than grappling around the cliffs, there is an opening in the cliff and you actually grapple up into the tower from underneath, as if there's no floor to the tower, just a drop, if you know what I mean.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've done a fair few bell towers now but struggle to make sense of what you are saying lol. Usually if you run around the floor you are in at the bell tower looking up and around there will be a climbable ledge. I know some you have to smash a bit of wood or push some boxes out the way to keep going up.

Another thing you can try is get the helicopter thing and land it really carefully on the top floor. I may have cheated and done that with one.

Its an awesome game I've put a fair bit of time in and I'm at 30%. I recommend having the grenade launcher as the side arm, turns out its very handy. What story are most following? Man or woman? Forgot the names lol.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I think that's the one I did yesterday, if it is, rather than grappling around the cliffs, there is an opening in the cliff and you actually grapple up into the tower from underneath, as if there's no floor to the tower, just a drop, if you know what I mean.

This is up in the mountains, steep hills all around it and seemed the only access was grappling. You do the usual low level grappling to get to a plateau then there's cliffs either side. You can see two grappling points on the left and one on the right. So logically I just moved between them in succession but when I got to the one on the right I was expecting another point but couldn't see anything. I then assumed there's something on the ledge to the right but the only grappling point seems to be the one you use to get onto the ledge and the tower is on the opposite cliff. All the grappling points are beneath overhangs so you can't just climb over the top. :confused: If I had the little helicopter it would be fine, but there isn't one anywhere near there.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The mission where you have to creep around the base at night and rescue 3 hostages took me about 30 attempts lol
Well annoying!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Played that last night^. Good variety in the missions.

Yeah it seems theres quite a few trippy type of missions this time round actually.

I'm up to the 'key to the north' mission but I'm gunna finish taking over mid kyrat before I do that.

I'm enjoying this more and more. The variety of activities is massive, and I'm finding incentive to persue them. I've barely touched the main story and I've already invested seven hours. I'm also finding the crafting system much easier to follow, and again, feeling the need to do it.

I love FarCry 3, but this is much better by every measure. Many reviews conclude that they're essentially the same game. I think that's an injustice, and an opinion you might form after only an hour or so with it.

Anyone completed the storyline missions yet? There aren't as many as I'd have hoped for tbh.

And for anyone interested in how it ends........
You choose whether to kill pink suit man (I forget his name) or not. I chose to kill and that was that, game over.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Too much temptation haha but not going to ruin it for myself!

Agree with munson in that it offers much more than FC3. I am at 40% and over 24 hours. Love the amount of side quests and stuff although last night I got a bit bored for the first time so switched it for forza for a few hours.

I've been avoiding rushing through the story as I did that in FC3 and it ruined it a bit for me. One other thing I notice is a much higher enemy presence in this one.

Too much temptation haha but not going to ruin it for myself!

Agree with munson in that it offers much more than FC3. I am at 40% and over 24 hours. Love the amount of side quests and stuff although last night I got a bit bored for the first time so switched it for forza for a few hours.

I've been avoiding rushing through the story as I did that in FC3 and it ruined it a bit for me. One other thing I notice is a much higher enemy presence in this one.

That's my problem, I've done all the main story missions and now I'm bored of it.
Cracking game and not too graphically demanding which is nice, even on eyefinity.
Have to agree it's better than 3, but I'd like to see something a bit more urban for the next one.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm enjoying this more and more. The variety of activities is massive, and I'm finding incentive to persue them. I've barely touched the main story and I've already invested seven hours. I'm also finding the crafting system much easier to follow, and again, feeling the need to do it.

I love FarCry 3, but this is much better by every measure. Many reviews conclude that they're essentially the same game. I think that's an injustice, and an opinion you might form after only an hour or so with it.
Excellent - that's what I was hoping to hear. I think I'll be getting this in due course then. :)

Cool. Be prepared for extreme annoyance, though. It doesn't suffer fools, and it revels in making you fail. It's not uncommon to battle through a situation for twenty minutes and then be put back to the beginning because you got stuck on a rock.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Spent 30 minutes earlier chasing badgers and driving into rhinos. Awesome game.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this game although I've been frustrated a few times on missions through silly little things.
Falling down cliffs a few times when I shouldn't have and being randomly ran over by "friendlies" out of nowhere are my main gripes.

Got my halfway through the campaign trophy today but I've put a hell of a lot of time in just pissing around and doing side missions.

There's a lot to do in this game. I'm not even at the both side of the island yet. Hopefully not too long before I get there though. Have taken two forts, the second was pretty easy tbh. The first one not so much, especially with two gunships chasing me down.

Clio 1.2 16v
Co-op's fun, we were firing explosive rockets into rivers yesterday and making fish and crocodiles fly lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The f**king Hunter f*****s with their mind controlled animals. Sod off you skirt wearing c***s.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Mate is bringing his PS4 round later and we're hoping to use the Coop Key to have a session.

Has anyone done this on here? I've read that it needed a 23GB download but he said it was only 4GB, is there more to download when the game fires up?

Don't really want to end up stuck with a huge download on my normal/slow brodband so might have to test it before he leaves home...

Loved the story but the PvP multiplayer is absolutely shite. Not played any co-op yet because it never finds a game!

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I'd say it's one of the best games currently out.

Multiplayer was hit and miss for me. I do like the fact that you play as both sides and then it takes the total score.

Need to do some co-op challenges but I think I need to unlock something (drive by takedown, I think by clearing two outposts without alerting anyone - I'm just too trigger happy!)

Some of those are brilliant.

Think I'm nearly done rinsing this now, only got one more achievement left for the full 1000 (but I can never find a f**king co-op game) and then might trade it in for something else. It's been 40+ hours of solid fun, mind.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm proper struggling with the buzzer takedown. Thought it was taking down a soldier for ages, then I realised it was a vehicle takedown.
Had to reset all of the outposts so there were more soldiers and I've struggled like f**k to get this. The car/truck either derails itself or speeds up quicker than the buzzer. Or... I get low enough to perform the takedown and the rota blades kill everyone!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Back on this now after gta I forgot how difficult it can be. Took me 4 attempts just to take a 2 alarmed base out lol.

I used to find it much easier in 3 to deactivate both alarms. I tend to go all in now if I struggle. Pisses me off spending 10 mins being stealth spotting all the enemy's only to activate an alarm or get killed.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm proper struggling with the buzzer takedown. Thought it was taking down a soldier for ages, then I realised it was a vehicle takedown.
Had to reset all of the outposts so there were more soldiers and I've struggled like f**k to get this. The car/truck either derails itself or speeds up quicker than the buzzer. Or... I get low enough to perform the takedown and the rota blades kill everyone!

Buzzer takedown? What's that?

Do you mean destroy a vehicle from the helicopter? If so definitely use the side arm launcher.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Buzzer takedown? What's that?
It's one of the trophies on the ps4. Like the vehicle takedown from a car where you kill the driver and passenger but from the buzzer instead (the single seater helicopter).
Might have different achievements on the xbox?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Getting pretty handy with the bow now, I was shite at first. Anyone tried the multiplayer? I'm not expecting it to be brilliant, but you never know.

For the buzzer takedown I just flew around for a bit until I found one of the cargo trucks you have to either hijack/destroy, then simply got alongside it until I got the prompt on screen to perform the takedown. Piece of piss. You do need the vehicle takedown skill, obviously.

Adam, use a hunting syringe when liberating the outposts. Always take out the hunters first (if applicable) as they don't stay tagged.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah got my hunting syringe to 80 seconds now but don't use it enough. Don't any of the enhancing syringes often enough actually.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Getting pretty handy with the bow now, I was shite at first. Anyone tried the multiplayer? I'm not expecting it to be brilliant, but you never know.

Which one? I tried the first one and was s**t. Its only good once you get the explosive arrows lol. Need to try the other.

Yeah got my hunting syringe to 80 seconds now but don't use it enough. Don't any of the enhancing syringes often enough actually.

The hunting syringe is probably the only one that I actually use, it makes everything so much easier!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Which one? I tried the first one and was s**t. Its only good once you get the explosive arrows lol. Need to try the other.
I can't remember, lol. It begins with an O and has red bits on it, lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha has anyone done the mission where you escape from prison? Had to be the hardest one so far for me. f**king demon thing pisses me right off too. Makes you proper edgy wondering where the f**k he's going to pounce from.

Haha has anyone done the mission where you escape from prison? Had to be the hardest one so far for me. f**king demon thing pisses me right off too. Makes you proper edgy wondering where the f**k he's going to pounce from.

Should have used a hunting syringe to see where he was :wink:

The prison mission is definitely one of the harder ones in the game, I found the one where you have to photograph the 3 prisoners and kidnap De Pleur more difficult though.