ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Spoiler Vs Normal Spoiler Weight

Considering swapping my Cup Spoiler for a Standard Spoiler to save weight. Just wondering how much difference there was.

Also I am wrapping the roof black so would swap my Iceberg Cup Spoiler for a Black Normal one.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The weight of the wrap on your roof, possibly also the weight of a small meal in your stomach, probably makes more difference.

Are you going for a full out competitive race car or 'fast road'?

If a can sell mine for what they are advertised in eBay for and get a black normal one for cheap I won't have the spray or wrap the silver one when I wrap the roof and save weight so all good.

The cup one does look better though. :(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose there is money to be made out of it, but I would be polycarbing my windows, removing the innards of my headlights, drilling holes in things and going on a diet before I thought that a slightly smaller spoiler would give me the next greatest weight saving.

The aerodynamic aspect is a bigger consideration for changing the spoiler really.

I will be going poly window etc etc.
As said money to be made, saves on spraying or wrapping and saves weight with maybe not as good looking as a compromise.
Someone must know the weight but not to worry as depending how I swap I might be able to weight them both before sending the Cup spoiler off.

Listerine & Poledo
Think of the extra rear downforce provided by the cup spoiler though.
Probably all of 1kg.
That's lap time, right there

So its not as bad as some people make out. I have read it weighs a lot more but didn't know that actual values. Might not be worth doing and just wrap the spoiler at the same time as the roof. At least it would match then and save some hassle.