ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Seats in a Dynamique - Airbag light

I've recently put my car back to standard, bought some cup interior and put my original steering wheel back in . plugged all the airbags in under the seats etc (just plugged pre tensioners in as cup seats don't have airbags...) and the light has come on on the dash.

Just been Maplins now and got some 3.3ohm resistors and put them into 2 wires under the seats shown below:

Image232.gif

the clump of wires goes to the grey connector, the black i presume is earth which ive been told doesn't matter and i've put a resistor between the 2 that should go to anotehr black connecter for airbags on the seats...

Any ideas on this?

Just to edit, the resistor shown was the one previous to me putting in 3.3ohm ones, new ones are blue

could it be that my ECU thinks the seats have airbags... or is that what the resistors are for? I've read also that I might need my ECU resetting as I didn't disconnect the battery when putting resistors in.

...even though when peoples airbag light comes on whilst driving it doesn't need ressetting then...
:dapprove:

Someone must know if sticking Cup seats into a Dynamique that USED to have airbags is a problem... even though ive used resistors etc

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
wel iv put sport seats from a Phs 1 in my Extreme, and for about 8months been gettin the light on, thats because the connections are totaly different, so we home made jobby it, but now its failed.

can you just error the code out, using that K-tec de-coder thingy ?

wel iv put sport seats from a Phs 1 in my Extreme, and for about 8months been gettin the light on, thats because the connections are totaly different, so we home made jobby it, but now its failed.

can you just error the code out, using that K-tec de-coder thingy ?

I probabaly could but wouldn't that mean no airbags would deploy in a crash?

BMW M135i
Yes the problem is that the airbag comp is expecting to see side airbags where there aren't any now. The resistors mimic the resistance of an undetonated airbag as to fool the computer into thinking the bags still there.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I probabaly could but wouldn't that mean no airbags would deploy in a crash?

The front 1's will deploy only the seat 1's which wont, if you think about it its not really a big issue, as youve had a previous car which had no airbag seats..

+ wont Fail MOT with Airbag light on :)

Yes the problem is that the airbag comp is expecting to see side airbags where there aren't any now. The resistors mimic the resistance of an undetonated airbag as to fool the computer into thinking the bags still there.

Shouldn't having the resistors in turn off the light then Ben... or am I missing something? Will I eitehr have to get my ECU reset (plugged in by reno, RStuner etc etc) or buy some dynamique seats with airbags in the seats?

Ive been informed by one of my mates that part of a resistor had snapped off and fallen into the drivers grey connector... I'm hoping it's not this that's causing the lights to stay on as how would I get a new connector?!

Charged Superleggera
also you may have the wrong resisitor. i used 2.7ohms for mines and i tried the 3.03ohms ones and they didnt work

im gonna have to go buy loads of different ones from Maplins and try them all! lol Anyone know what colours they should be around for 2.7 or 3 please? Maplins have a tendency to not get them right...

Golf GTD Mk7
Just wondering, did you change over the pretensioners to the new ones? I had issues with mine because of the switch on the middle rail. If you swap over these that might do the trick. I swapped my old ones to the new seats and it was fine. Just a thought

I used to have buckets in so these are new pretentioners that came with the cup seats, just had it plugged up to a Diagnotics machine and its pin pointing the drivers airbag as a fault so ive tried retesting it with 2.7ohms resistors and 3.3 ohms resistors and it still keeps the light on after starting the car again. Getting fed up with this now, running out of things it could be...

Does anybody know how to measure the resistance needed to turn it off? I really have tried everything and im almost at the stage of buying some new front seats with airbags in them just to make it easier!

Anybody in the Northwest that wants to have a piss about with it? I don't want giving you some money or whatever just want it fixed now! prefferably someone with electrical knowledge rather than someone who just wants a quick £10 for bodging it

BMW M135i
Drivers seat airbag or the wheel one? I'd have just gone down the getting proper seats route in the first place personally.

I didn't buy the cup seats because they didn't have airbags.. I got them in the car and realised there was no black connector..

Drivers seat airbag is the one that brings up 2 errors

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I didn't buy the cup seats because they didn't have airbags.. I got them in the car and realised there was no black connector..

Drivers seat airbag is the one that brings up 2 errors

You could go to an independant company who has a Renault Clip machine and have the seat airbags disabled.

Saves you having to worry about resistors etc.

Can you actually have them disabled? My friend has a renault clip that found the errors out for me... didn't realise you could just turn them off though

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Can you actually have them disabled? My friend has a renault clip that found the errors out for me... didn't realise you could just turn them off though

Yes they can be disabled.

Make sure they know what they are doing with it.

You only want to disable the air bags within the seats, not the pre-tensioners or anything else.

fitted buckets in my cup, tried the resistor trick but i plugged them in the wrong connector. When i re-connected the battery and switched on the ignition the lights came on the dash. Basically the computer then records this as an "incident" and even if you put the resisitors in the right connector after this has happened the lights on the dash will still be on. You will have to get it linked up to Renault Clip system and either disable the lights, or reset the ecu.

fitted buckets in my cup, tried the resistor trick but i plugged them in the wrong connector. When i re-connected the battery and switched on the ignition the lights came on the dash. Basically the computer then records this as an "incident" and even if you put the resisitors in the right connector after this has happened the lights on the dash will still be on. You will have to get it linked up to Renault Clip system and either disable the lights, or reset the ecu.

It went on my mates diagnostics machine and got reset with different resistors in each time... firstly tried 2.7 ohms, reset the ecu turned ignition on/off etc still had the 2 drivers side errors so we tried the 3.3ohms aswell and did the same process... lights are still on :(

I don't have to take disconnect the battery do I each time we reset it using the diag machine?