ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup ride quality

E36 323i coupe

Right, I know the cars supposed to be a rough and ready road going rally car but does everyone else who owns one feel as tho they are going down a forest track on normal roads?

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 16 November 2003

Right, I know the cars supposed to be a rough and ready road going rally car but does everyone else who owns one feel as tho they are going down a forest track on normal roads?
yep:D

Tappd'd RS

you have to take the rough with the smooth so to speak.

You wouldnt have the handling quality if the ride was more compliant, unless youd paid about £50k for a BMW M5.

It pi*ses me off a little at times but I always think of the dry weather handling with a big grin on my face! :D

Weeman sucks ****

I find it a little bumpy but thats how I like it baby!! Not sure how they compare to the standard 172 sport? Are they any different?

Well I just got mine. Drove home round the M25. I do find it, shall we say, a little bouncy. It doesnt crash over bumps any more than most hot hatches but you do feel the car damping all the minor undulations of the road.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 16 November 2003

but does everyone else who owns one feel as tho they are going down a forest track on normal roads?
No, forest spec suspension is softer! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dirkdiggler on 17 November 2003

I find it a little bumpy but thats how I like it baby!! Not sure how they compare to the standard 172 sport? Are they any different?
The Cup is a harder ride than a 172, as I drove a borrowed 172 for 2 weeks then jumped into my new Cup and could tell straight away...