ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup restore :)

Land Rover
But people are questioning spending £3000 on a £2000 car.
I was just making the point that financially it makes better sense than you think, if you choose the right car, whether you sell the car after a time or not.

I completely agree. I dont understand why its frowned upon to spend money on cars, spending 3k on a 2k car but its not really a 2k car now is it? Goes to most things unrelated to cars as well, its pointless to spend hours in the gym and be the best you can be because when you are 50 all those gains will vanish over night. My favourite one was 'Well I could go to the doctors and get something done for my knee..' but instead they prefer to suffer. No point making anything better than it is currently is in this world because we have more problems to worry about like the weather and politics

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sex

EEA9F8B7-CB8D-459A-9DE8-41BFF8FE1F2C.jpeg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Almost sex, wheels need to be shinier!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Uhhh yeah hate to break it to the OP but spending £3k on a car doesn't automatically make it worth £3k more than it original price lol.

Nice car and that and sure it's easily worth more than most on the market but you have to be realistic.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
One was damaged - as the bonding was so bad on the screw to the cover - so just went with the mega carbon ones

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Uhhh yeah hate to break it to the OP but spending £3k on a car doesn't automatically make it worth £3k more than it original price lol.

Nice car and that and sure it's easily worth more than most on the market but you have to be realistic.

I could count the amount of times ive been told that in the last 10 years - maybe a 1000 times - yet they all sold for top dollar - Liquid yellow 182s for 8k, V6s for 35k & so on...

Ive reduced this car as im retiring from selling them now - after 9 years & approx 200 clios

so happy just to break even.

Doesnt matter to me TBH - I enjoyed tinkering with it - it was only a £700 car so I enjoyed saving it.

But for once yes - the price on this was a little to high > miles
Never mind .... Saved one from the breakers

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just to add to the thread -

noone will ever be able to tell me that spending money on preperation is wrong-
Every single clio / megane that has gone through has had the right money spent to make it perfect in its life cycle-

Sadly every now & again - where you start & then where you finish is slightly away from expectation-

So starting on this car @£700, The budget was £2000 - maybe even a bit more.
But costs ended up nearer £3k due to me buying new things as opposed to getting used.

Hey ho- at the end of the day thats the route to selling nice cars & getting a decemt reputation- just on this occasion pride took over profit-

It really doent matter what it sells for - whether that be £3400- £3500 or whatever

The fact will be ive given someone a great car to drive & should I have been continuing I would have taken the learning on what I could have estimated better.

Thats what you do pre prep - estimate costs.
Gladly that philosophy has worked for about 99% of the time- but for once Ive been a bit unlucky.

At the end of the day - Karma will see me good & the buyer will get a great car.

ciao.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed steve, you do things properly and have a superb reputation. Shame your retiring, been on here selling since I’ve been a member iirc. But all good things etc

I bought my RB 182 from R-SPORT and it is an absolute beauty and prepared to near perfection . Sorry to hear you are not selling any more will be a loss to the Renaultsport cars .

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I still remember the day I came to buy the acid all them years ago before the days of R-Sport. Top bloke & top cars!

Shame you are stopping selling them on, was hoping to get a mint AG 200 off you at some point [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf Gti edition 30
Ive bought a cracker of a clio 182 from Steve and even sold him one.Great guy and enjoyed seeing the adverts for the cars that came up for sale even although i wasnt buying.
Sorry to see your stopping selling Renaultsports mate ??

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe people were questioning the pricing etc of a car being sold by a guy that's probably sold more RenaultSport's than anyone.

Steve clearly knows how to sell RS models.

535d / t5 caravelle
He had a front and rear respray l assume that means front bumper
The costs mount up.
And new Torinis are £800 a set
If the new front splitter was a genuine Renault one that alone is £250 + VAT

£250 plus vat for a splitter? When i last looked they where around £110? I think, 4 years ago or so lol