ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer weight ????

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Whats the weight of a Mk 1 Mk2 and Mk cup racer ?What the lightest Mk2 track car ?

TVR Cerbera
Search for it, it's been posted before. 172 cups are over 1000kgs, 1040 iirc. cup racers were never that light. mk1's were the lightest

That's probably about right

The 172 cup is 1021kg - I've removed about 80kg from mine (and there's nothing left in it except a seat and dashboard) but then the cage add's weight back in - and the wheels aren't light :(

You'd be struggling to get a 172 lower than 950ish

TVR Cerbera
That's probably about right

The 172 cup is 1021kg - I've removed about 80kg from mine (and there's nothing left in it except a seat and dashboard) but then the cage add's weight back in - and the wheels aren't light :(

You'd be struggling to get a 172 lower than 950ish

Yep very true, I weighed everything that came out of my car and I weighed 150kgs. It's still not under 900 kgs so Renault must have lied with the original weight figures

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Yep very true, I weighed everything that came out of my car and I weighed 150kgs. It's still not under 900 kgs so Renault must have lied with the original weight figures

So 1021 - 150kg = under 900kgs........your maths dont add up plus the cup cacer has no dash just a piece of folded plastic. Cup cars dont even have FG boot or ponet / windows etc. sub 900 is very achieveable i believe for a 172 CUP.

182cup & 172 racecar
Ours was about 850kg when first weighed at Snetterton with 1/4 tank of fuel,some bit's have been added now,but not much.

TVR Cerbera
So 1021 - 150kg = under 900kgs........your maths dont add up plus the cup cacer has no dash just a piece of folded plastic. Cup cars dont even have FG boot or ponet / windows etc. sub 900 is very achieveable i believe for a 172 CUP.
There is only 2 seats and a steering wheel in my car, no dash no nothing else. No cage, fibre bonnet. All I was saying it's still heavier than a mk1 stripped out weighing around 850. I just think 1021 was a bit keen.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Beanies mk1 is approx 780. That's an extreme example though as most panels are GPR or carbon. Does have a cage though

Clio 172 cup
I managed to shave nearly 10kg from my 172 cup by simply removing all the sh1t the girlfriend leaves in the car after a few weeks

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Strange how cup racers are 900kgs (nothing in them) and everyone seem to be able to get to 850 with there Mk2....