ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer brake ducts, let me know what you honestly think!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Chris.
No there not genuine as you can't get the genuine one's anymore (stopped production back in late 2007 i think)
However these are based on the cup racer one's but sadly i couldn't copy the original design due to copy right laws so i had to change the design slightly to stop them from suing my ar*e all been stated on the group buy thread.
If you look at the pic of the racer one's the complete fog plastics have to be cut completely out rendering your bumper useless when returning it back standard (fog's back in).

Hope that i didn't mislead you as it's all been stated in the group buy see link post 23 mate.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...dles-(Spacers)-possible-brake-air-ducts/page2

Thanks

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Na thats ok mate. I saw a Clio up goodwood once racing round and he must have had the same idea cos they looked the same as yours, just thought his was a cup racer.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
No worries Chris, i didn't want you to think i was a c*nt for trying to pass these off as originals.
Cheers

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
I hear what everyone is saying and appreciate the comments. True they are absolutely pointless, although after today's breakfast run im kinda wishing i put the feeds in to cool the 4pots, they were locking up all over the place !

I mainly got them because i thought they would look good and because i don't think many have tried them before. But after painting them i was a bit unsure, with the comments they got this morning tho im now starting to appreciate them. There definitely staying on for the foreseeable future

Thanks again

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They look strange since they're very functional-looking... and the car's not really that sort.

IMO.

Chris, I think that they are a lot better looking than some I've seen. Deffo think you should plumb them in after seeing you lock up in that hairpin. I feel that it is a lot better than the fogs and having toyed with my cold air feed on my 182 it's good to see something different.

As to the arguments about it not looking right on a non track car, why can't you put race mods on a road car after all the major manufacturers have been doing it for years, that's why we all drive hot hatches loaded with race developed parts. I know Fletch got it with his track focused road car but I know that you'll change it only if you want to not because of comments from all the experts on here.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Am thinking of binning the arch liners anyway Pete the passengers is fudged anyway. Yea locking them up was a bit of an eye-opener. Going to try and sort it out this weekend.

Good point, had never thought about it like that. There staying on at least until Cliosport Saturday, let everyone see them in the flesh :)

172/1.2/E30
Looks better than only removing the fog lights which looks "broken" imo. btw: function over fashion ftw! Cooler brakes or cooler looks, you decide! ;)

320d
tbh the clio's standard brakes are pap..i managed to boil my fluid and render the brakes useless with some hard driving.. shows how good drilled brembo setup on the meg..so good!

Why not get some drilled disks all round and some better pads/lines/fluid to go with the ducts? They look good anyway :)

The ph1 172 out braked a Ferrari 360 and a 996 Turbo when it first came out so they can't be that bad. Admittedly that was with brand new brakes, fluid and lines and they didn't say how many times it would actually do it.

I found the brakes on my 172 sound as a road car. If you drive on the road like its a track then yeah you'll boil them but just making smooth fast progress they were fine. In my opinion any way.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
For looks I'd say no mate, the clio's are very 'round' at the front and these are really square! Just do not suit the curves of the car.

But for track I'd say they're okay

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
After looking at the car all day i decided to remove the ducts ! THB wasn't happy with them in the first place hence this post, wanted others opinions them. Thought it was because they were too black to begin with but as the week progressed it came more apparent that it wasn't the colour but more the way they jut out of the bumper. Have put the old covers on without the fogs at the moment, am quite liking it :)

5916561806_0a595ceeb5_z.jpg