ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"cup packs" what do they include?

Black Gold Trophy
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm after a clio 182, but I want to know what the cup packs include? If the car doesnt have them, can I buy them from renault/aftermarket?

Thanks!
Jack

SLK 350
Not feasibly no, least not fully.

Cup packs:

Cup Spoiler (can be retrofitted).
Cup suspension.
Anthracite wheels.

In short the car will handle a lot better.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cup spoiler pack includes the bigger rear spoiler that flicks up and a small front splitter on the bottom of the front bumper (both can be fitted by yourself if not included)

the cup suspension pack came with dark anthracite wheels (opposed to silver wheels) and revised suspension (slightly lower and stiffer) the dampers had different bolt spacing so this cant be changed very easyily)
it also included better tyres but these have possibly been replaced anyway by now.

SLK 350
Cup models do differ from models normal models with Cup packs fitted yes. The 172 Cup is around 80kg lighter and has a slightly shorter ratio box meaning it accelerates marginally quicker, however the 80kg saving comes at a price, no air con/leather seats/climate/xenons/headlight washers/cruise/abs/tc/leather wheel, it also has less sound deadening and thinner glass in it's windows.

A Cup packed 182 is what you have in that advert, it has all the nice toys that aren't included above, plus it has the better suspension setup offered by the Cup packs, and a nice spoiler and splitter.

Question is, do you want 0.1 second quicker to 60, or all the nice toys :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
the 172 cup is the light one! no abs no aircon or leather etc and i love it! got mine on 30k '03 plate for 5500 so theres some cheaper ones out there now! (just take a fresh pair of undies with you in the wet) no abs! lol

this is one of those controvercial things but i drove a ff 172 and the cup and i felt the cup was sharper but it depends on what you want! not particularly in love with aircon an leather and that myself! had aircon probs in the past so theres less to go wrong! thats just a npersonal opinion however! s..... well its up to you

SLK 350
^He's not talking about buying a 172 Cup or FF though, he's talking about buying a Cup packed 182, meaning the best of both worlds.

Nothing controversial about saying the 172 Cup handles better than the 172FF, it's designed to.

Black Gold Trophy
Ah right, now I understand! I'm sure that one in the advert doesnt have the nice front splitter though does it?
I would rather have all the nice toys to be honest as it will be an everyday car.
My current car is a corsa and doesnt have ABS or even luxuries such as power steering, I just bought tuning stuff for it and its not very practical for everyday use!
So the individual cup packs include what? Suspension and anthracite wheels? and then splitter and spoiler?
Oh and heres a pic of my current car!
DSC00059-1.jpg

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
guess so but everyone is always under the impression that the 182 is so much quicker! havent really found this to be the case though! dont think theres much in it! depends on what you want from the car!? each to their own! i just decided that i didnt need the leather and xenons etc and that i could have a cup 172 (equally as quick as the 182's) for about £2.5k less!

but yeah i see the point of having the best of both just depend how you are financially and what you want from the car i guess!!!

SLK 350
No the pictured car doesn't have a splitter mate, not uncommon though...a lot of them get fubared by hitting them on high kerbs when parking etc. You can get a nice carbon fibre replacement anyway from Ktec for £110 - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=977

If you were going to go for that car though, mention it should have a splitter and check under the front bumper for any damage, you will see some screwholes at very least, but check for cracks. Should get some bargaining power from it too.

Indeed, a 172 Cup will in most cases out accelerate any 172 or 182 simply because of the power-to-weight. The only exception is the 182 Trophy as this has an even higher power-to-weight.

Horses for courses, but frankly I don't see the point in Cup models but that's because I like my toys.

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah I definitely want all the toys, so is there a general cup 'pack' that includes all the options such as the anthracite wheels, splitter, suspension and spoiler? or were they all individual optional cup extras?

SLK 350
Suspension Cup Pack
Spoiler Cup Pack

They're the two only Cup packs that were optional on all Clio 182's.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
Hi, Im also trying to get my hands on a 182 cup in that racing blue colour :cool:! has anyone sprayed the standard wheels on it black? I'd like to do that, just wondering what it looks like?
cheers
jez

a green 1
go on youtube,,

type clio 182 and go on the top gear video,

im sure you get the pe2's with the cup pack (so jeremy clarkson says)

SLK 350
oh ok, thanks! So does the one in the link I posted have the cup rear spoiler?

Yep has the Cup spoiler (normal spoiler follows roof line, cup spoiler has a peak on it). By virtue of that it should have had a splitter...which will need replacing (£146+vat from renault and that will need spraying, or £110 from ktec).

EDIT

Here's a 182 without Cup packs (note spoiler/wheel colour)

sidesmaller.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Get one with the cup packs.They look better and handle better.Also if you come to sell in a few years it will sell quicker too

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
TBH, i couldn't tell the difference between a cup'd 182 and a non cupped 182 on the road.