ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup MOT issue

My car has failed on rear brake effort, I have had the bias valve cable tied and the rears at still getting nothing/next to nothing.

I shower the guy the vosa bulletin but he says he needs atleast some effort to pass it.

Is there anything else I can do to get the effort up? It's all that's stopping me from getting the mot so ideally need it fixed asap.

^^ Ignore that.

If it's getting no effort then the rear calipers have seized up

Same thing happened to mine, I explained to the tester about the vosa thing and he said that was fine but they were showing no effort
I unbolted rear calipers, cleaned the sliders up and regreased, pushed the piston back in a few times to makes sure everything was free moving and when I went back it flew straight through

If it's a bit beyond your DIY skills then chuck it at a garage to do it or buy a set of rear calipers that you know work fine and swap them over.