ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Alternator setup or PMS Aircon delete?

Looking at removing the aircon from a ph1 172.

Just wondering what peoples experiences with the pms aircon delete kit are? - PMS Aircon delete.

Or would it just be better just going down the tried and tested route of a cup alternator setup?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
the kit is top notch and you wont go wrong with it, unless you can source everything you require from a cup car.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst the PMS kit is a decent bit of kit, I sourced all the parts needed for a Cup setup for £60 less than the PMS kit.

Depends if you can wait until a Cup setup comes up on here really.

That is quite cheap, if I could source a cup setup for £60 then that would be decision made.

There is one for sale at the moment for £90, but by the time I've paid postage and bought a new belt I'm not far off the PMS setup which come with a new belt.

Whilst the PMS kit is a decent bit of kit, I sourced all the parts needed for a Cup setup for £60 less than the PMS kit.

Depends if you can wait until a Cup setup comes up on here really.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That is quite cheap, if I could source a cup setup for £60 then that would be decision made.

There is one for sale at the moment for £90, but by the time I've paid postage and bought a new belt I'm not far off the PMS setup which come with a new belt.

Sorry, I said £60 less than PMS, so I got mine for £85. But I picked it up, so had no postage.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
With this fitted can you still use the Climate control panel for normal heating and cold air?

Yes mate. The heating still works fine with the CC controls. I have currently having problems with it blowing cold air, I don't think that's related to the AC delete kit though.

Yes you would still be able to use the climate control panel, but obviously you wouldn't have any air con.

Would be no different than if you air con needed re-gassing.

With this fitted can you still use the Climate control panel for normal heating and cold air?

Civic FN2 Track Car
cool cheers for this, does anyone know if danny @ 519 can fit these kits as i need my cambelt doing and might as well get this done at the same time.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Can do. Much prefer the cup setup for simplicity in the bay, and the space it give you for adjusting personally, but either way works

Can I hijack this thread with a few questions (sorry in advance)

My aircon is rubbish and I don't see the point of re-gassing for that one day a year when it warrants having it.

I have a 2005 182.

Am I right in thinking that all I would need to do is find a breaker and get the kit from a 172 cup? I am not after any PMS or KTEC jobbie - I would rather old OEM parts.

Would someone be so kind as to let me know the exact bits I need? Also and thanks in advance would this be a job that I could do with the watchful eye of my father (ex mechanic)

Thanks

Mike