ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup 172 rear brakes

clio cup 172 fiestazetecs
need some help here on wat pads and disks i need on my back of my cup 172 year 2003 dont wont anything fancy just standard parts. any cheap sites for parts,guna fit them my self. cheers

172 Cup
They do so little its not worth spending much money on them at all, I just got a cheap set from eurocarparts!

yeah ive heard they do like 25% off the work when breaking lol. just need standard parts as old ones are on there last legs pads have no meat on them and disks are quite bad too,mot is next month to are europarts nationwide delivery have you used them ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard rears, with bearings pressed in are £96

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Those look like the right discs, but need to check if they have the bearing in, most don't

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If they don't have bearing in, you'll have to buy new ones and have the machine pressed in, really is easiest just buying the ones from Renault IMO

Lionel Richie
i "think" there's a special offer on with free pads too at the moment, but that may only be if you have them fitted also

option 1
wheres that at my cheapest so far is all renualt parts discs £99.75 Pads £43.41 then labour £60 parts from renualt and fitted at my local garage.

option 2
steve and andy at birchdowns used them before for belt changes and service but a fair drive a way probs £30 in petrol .

Hi Harvey,

renault rear discs come as a pair complete with wheel bearings.
Rear discs and pads fitted inclusive of vat would be £191.43.

Regards
Andy

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Stop being a whining student, well lucky to have a 172 cup.

Do it yourself, easy job.

Lionel Richie
option 3

Fred (lovely bloke, runs a compnay called BTM Performance) is next to Birmingham airport and will do the rear discs and pads for £188.14 inc vat FITTED

Last edited:
  2016 Audi RS3
yeah ive heard they do like 25% off the work when breaking lol. just need standard parts as old ones are on there last legs pads have no meat on them and disks are quite bad too,mot is next month to are europarts nationwide delivery have you used them ?

The pads have barely any material on them from new! Have you measured pad thickness? IIRC they are around 8mm from new (correct me if wrong).