ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cunning Man Beer Garden Meet - Wednesday 4th August at 7pm

Formally Clio 182
Time for another meet at the Cunning Man pub on the outskirts of Reading.

Happening on Wednesday 4th August at 7pm.

Pub details: http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thecunningmanburghfieldbridge/
Map: http://is.gd/31JwE

We should all be able to park in the car park at the back like last time and hopefully have some good weather for the beer garden.

Afterwards we can go form a convoy and go for a drive to a good spot to do some pics. Here's some pics from last time http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?456444-Cunning-man-meet-pics...

Put your names down here if you can attend

1) timmmah

RS 172
If I'm about I'd be up for this, been too long since I last went to a meet and its only about 45/1hr away. Will have to make sure I'm free though.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm planning on doing a trackday that day but will come if I'm back in time.

Meg are you going to actually come and join us this time.

Last edited:
  Nimbus 197
Yesss Tim!!! lol!!.... no excuses!! plus im more up-beat about this part of the world now!! lol

1.5dci
Hey great evening, thanks guys!

For those I was following home,I got 59.5mph so i didn't quite manage to get it double! between the railway bridge and the traffic lights to the A33 i was bouncing between 59.8 and 60.1 like a ball, never seen it shift so quickly!
Also hope you were turning off instead of there being something wrong, only saw you at stopping speeds after I was past!
It sounded prity nice when you both pulled away side by side too, shame I don't have the extra 35hp i could of had standard... maybe i'll have to get it mapped a little! :)

Lol no problems, I was annoying Iain with my full beam and he got upset! I got 38.5mpg including the drag up the A33 and an 80mph cruise down the m3... I bet the DCi boys are impressed with that!

1.5dci
lol, yea, tbh there are people who can get 70+mph on there, my high 50's/low 60's aren't great in comparison, but i'm happy, had to borrow my parents 4x4 until i got this and got about 12mpg tops (i did about 400 miles :-s)! apparently the 80 is better the 100 is worse, and the 106hp with 6-speed gearbox drops it even lower.
I'm quite impressed with the 38.5, never thought i'd be like that after all that, if i did a 80 cruse i'd be in low 50's prity sharpish, and wouldn't want to imagine trying flat out!

+1 for pictures, will be good to see how the light stuff comes out on the screen!

Megane 230 F1
Guys - apologies for not sticking around to chat, got carried away chatting about work and study. Next time there's a meet I'll be sure not to have already booked a cheeky post-work pint too.

1.5dci
umm, just had a thought... did i ever pm the person i was meant to pm about fixing an ipod? Some days I worry about my memory!