ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Definitely looking forward to the updates then!

Really need to get myself a project, keep seeing far too many around now!

I need to get some photos of it really, as because it isn't mine I've just been helping with the work and not keeping a photo log. I'll take more when the new Cams arrive and we put it all back together :)

330i. E30 Touring.
I've seen it. It's fast.

Doesn't seem fast until you get back into your own car. Then you realise it's batshit3rz.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So, small update on this. The car is at the garage getting the Brembos machined and fitted, and some aerocatches put on.

The calipers have had 6.3mm shaved off them, for a trial fit, which will be tomorrow. See if any more needs to come off. Going for black calipers with white Brembo logos which I got from Ady on here - top man! I'll update with photos / progress when I get it back, hopefully next week!

Get some stainless brake pad pins :wink:

6.3 sounds like a lot? I took bang on 5mm off and the pads sit just where the radius starts on the edge of the disc. Any more would have been too much.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Get some stainless brake pad pins :wink:

6.3 sounds like a lot? I took bang on 5mm off and the pads sit just where the radius starts on the edge of the disc. Any more would have been too much.

I did see the pins, look Bob on. How much?

I trust the guys at J-tech. Jamie is running his e46 M3 at Britcar 24hr this year and it is an incredible machine. They're a cool, race / track car company who know their stuff. I've seen anything from 30's drag cars to race spec De Tomaso Panteras and modern VW's down there;

www.jtechautomotive.co.uk

Put it like this, if the machining ain't right, I ain't paying :)

You planning one last run out of yours? If so, when and where ;)

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
Car looking lovely mate! Great spec too.

Changed dramatically since when I saw it at ktec few years back.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll pm you dude.

Fair play, they probably know what they're doing!

Once the salt has cleared I'll get it back out there. If it sells before then so be it but I had some very good news today. I had a settlement notice through from some work we had done a while back so it makes selling it less urgent.

I'm looking at booking Oulton Park through Javelin on March 7th.

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
Cheers bud, it has indeed! There is a new forest meet in a few weeks if you're about, be good to catch up.
Yer would be good to catch up. Depends when the meet is as I'm dropping the car to Andy at Clioturbo on the 17th for some needed boost haha.

Can't wait to see a massive picture update to this thread!! And to see it at Bedford!

I've got some 10mm black K-Tec spacers if you want to downsize and buy some :smile: PM me if so.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Can't wait to see a massive picture update to this thread!! And to see it at Bedford!

I've got some 10mm black K-Tec spacers if you want to downsize and buy some :smile: PM me if so.

Thanks Martin, I will drop to 10mm so will PM you.

As for pictures - I asked the garage to take some, whether they did or not I shall see, but I'll take plenty when they are on the car :)

Sweeeeeet! love the supercharger scream!
in terms of time from start to finish how long has it taken? am i right in thinking you did a lot of the work yourself?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sweeeeeet! love the supercharger scream!
in terms of time from start to finish how long has it taken? am i right in thinking you did a lot of the work yourself?

I bought the car in April 2011. So nearly 4 years. It has been through a few 'iterations' i.e. Cammed. But, I did an engine swap with some good friends off here, and then went down the supercharger route. It will be at CSS15 pounding around Blyton hopefully, so you'll get to hear the scream there!

I have always had a 'plan' to build a forced induction clio track car, and so just stuck with the plan. The key is commitment. I would do very few modifications to a car if I didn't intend to keep it for some time! :)

Mini GP2
Love what you have done to this car Cub; it felt great on circuit at the RenaultSport day in August; hopefully see you again there this year ?

I bought the car in April 2011. So nearly 4 years. It has been through a few 'iterations' i.e. Cammed. But, I did an engine swap with some good friends off here, and then went down the supercharger route. It will be at CSS15 pounding around Blyton hopefully, so you'll get to hear the scream there!

I have always had a 'plan' to build a forced induction clio track car, and so just stuck with the plan. The key is commitment. I would do very few modifications to a car if I didn't intend to keep it for some time! :smile:
I will make sure i get the CSS15 this year to hear that! 4 years thats dedication! Fair play to you!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So..the brakes are done :)

Got the call from the garage earlier, but I won't be able to pick the car up until Monday night due to being busy at work. I'll get some photos though. The garage are very happy with the fitment under the 16s and the Speedline Willys 15s, however they can't get them under the 15s OZ f1's, as others have found.

So my next question is, what do I replace the Oz F1s with, either another set of Willys wheels (might be boring as I already have one set), TD 1.2's as per;

P1030751.jpg

Or TD Pro Race 3's (hope @aucky doesn't mind me stealing a photo of his)

14932467048_0bd783a11b_z.jpg

Votes please!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
What offset are the willy wheels?

They are originals, I'm afraid I don't know offset 😌 I'm sure someone will be along soon!

@Rob - www.jtechautomotive.co.uk fitted them and did the machining / painting. Bought the brackets from Chris Powell on here and the rest of the stuff from G 172 :) I bought the calipers online from a Renault breaker on ebay. I haven't seen them yet, but the boys at Jtech said they look epic and perform brilliantly. Painted black with white logo. They have been mounted to get the full pad on the disc, so the caliper needed machining right.

I also owe @Ph1 Tom a beer as he has given me plenty of advice and help!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers sunbeam.

I might give them a call.. I want my Alfa calipers fitted. It involves making a bespoke bracket though!

Side note: Don't suppose you're at Quinns tomorrow?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Rob - They'll be able to do it, but I warn you now, they aren't cheap. Brilliant, but not cheap. They run cars in Britcar etc, so there isn't much they can't do.

I'm not at Quinns bud, sadly no. I also had my aerocatches fitted. Yay!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Willys are et35 iirc.

Awesome news Herr Cubington :D looking forward to pictures.

Pro race 3 have more calliper clearance than 1.2s. At least it seems so from looking at Auckys wheels on the oulton track day.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
They are originals, I'm afraid I don't know offset 😌 I'm sure someone will be along soon!

@Rob - www.jtechautomotive.co.uk fitted them and did the machining / painting. Bought the brackets from Chris Powell on here and the rest of the stuff from G 172 :smile: I bought the calipers online from a Renault breaker on ebay. I haven't seen them yet, but the boys at Jtech said they look epic and perform brilliantly. Painted black with white logo. They have been mounted to get the full pad on the disc, so the caliper needed machining right.

I also owe @Ph1 Tom and @NorthloopCup a beer as they have given me plenty of advice and help and found me the brembo calipers whilst I was looking up a ducks arse on eBay

I've edited this darling.x lol!