ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Question

Right I have been learning CSS recently, I have created a stylesheet which is setting the layout of this website

the page looks like this (yellows lines show sections, blue text showa what I named the sections)

grrrrrrr.jpg

Now the links on the left when clicked I want the content of those links to appear in the content box , I know how to do it in HTML with the targets etc... but I need it to open up in the content section, and can I create a filename.html file and bring it up to be displayed in the content box.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I would just have a whole new page for each page. (you could use php includes which would be much better but that just gets harder to explain)

Copy the whole layout code from the main page, change the content.

or you could create a template in dreamweaver so that if you make any changes to the layout it updates all the pages in your website.

Ok ill copy the whole thing, cheers mate, does this slow down loading time etc... if they are reloading the whole page every time?

Oh one more question, that site loads horizontally in the middle of the page, but right againt the top border, how do I move it vertically in the center of the page. So basically the whole site will be centralised

Rav4
Here is what you need.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/item/css-fixed-layout-21-fixed-fixed/

Look at the code, it will help you understand.

Then what I would do is say to myself, "what is going to be the same throughout the website" in your case, the top and bottom is always going to be the same, so you do not need to keep loading it.

Look at includes, this can be done via PHP or ASP.

You will therefore have the following.

header.php
main.php
footer.php

Then in the main.php you include both the header and the footer.

:)

Hope this makes sense. Once you get your head wrapped around this, you will then find it much easier.

Thanks,

G.