ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Detailing Kit

Non Sport Megane
Right Guys & Girls

Iv bought my tickets for CSS!
My car will be cleaned the friday before! as il be leaving early hours in the morning to get there for good time! as im coming from effectively Brighton!
But no doubt, no matter how hard i try and keep my car clean! it will get dirty on the way up! :dapprove:
I want to start getting a detailing kit together anyway! so who needs a better excuse than CSS?! :p
BUT i dont know the best products etc that i need to get?
Could someone please give me a list of the bits and bobs i need to start getting please! :)
I literally have nothing! :eek:

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Are you looking for an extensive set of equipment

Or enough to sufficiently clean your car well and look decent enough for a show weekend?

Budget is most important for me to give any help

Also will you be looking into getting a machine for the polishing?

Non Sport Megane
Enough to sufficiently get her looking beautiful for show weekends! got a mate who use to own a valeting business, so if i need anything machine polished, he will be my 1st port of call!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Ok so if we ignore the machine polishing side of stuff I would recommend some of this stuff, ive tried lots of different stuff in the detailing world thanks to my dad who is completely obsessed with buying everything lol

Magifoam as a pre rinse, leave to dwell and remove as much dirt before you power rinse

Wheels: very cherry (non acid) wheel cleaner works well

Two bucket method (one wash, one rinse bucket to dip the sponge/mitt in after you've cleaned a panel)

Always clean from top down, panel by panel

My favourite shampoo is chemical guys citrus wash and gloss (dilutes really well and makes the sponge very slick, which is vital for preventing swirls etc)

I use a dodo juice supernatural sponge (lots of debate over wether a mitt is better than a sponge, but it's all down to personal preference)

Sonus der wunder waffle weave drying towels (cheap quick detailer as a drying aid, I use demon shine which is fine)

Autosmart tardis (tar remover)

Iron x (fallout remover)

Then clay, bilt hamber labs soft clay has never given me any trouble in the past, use soapy water in a spray bottle as lube, or demon shine again)

Dodo juice lime prime or autofinesse rejuvenate as a paint cleanser

When paint is nicely prepped surface for either a sealant or wax, autofinesse tough coat or werkstat acrylic are highly regarded sealants.
When it comes to wax there are loads! I've tried autoglym hd and it was very good. A lot of online detailing shops do 30ml panel lots for around £6, if used properly they can last up to 5 full car applications which works out very cost effective, and also gives you the opportunity to try different ones.

My favourite product ever has to be the meguiars tyre gel, make sure they tyres are scrubbed really well so the product sticks well

All in that order!

I'm sure I've missed stuff out but that's what I'd do!

Hope that helps lol ;)

Get yourself plenty of MF cloths too lol