ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
What about splitting it into two events?

Normal CSF day like we used to have at Gaydon and Duxford and a separate track day at another venue on a different day, it's not ideal but it has the advantage of only having to organise the CSF day as a track day company can organise the other.

Might not work but it's an idea.
Same day is best. Lots of people wouldn't come to the get together with track, and having beer after all the adrenaline of a track day is bliss.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I’m guessing Cadwell would be way out of price range?

It’s a real shame the new management at Blyton have turned out like this 😡.
I think Cadwell etc are mega money. Brands hatch Indy for the day was 26k about 10 years ago according to some googling.

Going off number of cars on track last year and price of session I suspect Blyton is 5ish.?

Believe Cadwell or Snetterton would be 3 times that easily.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Get @Gus on the case, He could sell snow in the North Pole and sell sand in the desert.

RenaultAppreciationSociety.co.uk

We are all old with scrappers anyway

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Cliosport: CSF 23 NOT HAPPENING!

Everyone else: s**t, I was going to go this year.
View attachment 1630121

They were warned!! :ROFLMAO:

https://cliosport.net/threads/cliosport-festival-2022-book-tickets-now.841951/post-12252744

For anyone who has been considering coming for years or is putting off until next year, I think it’s possible that this will be the last year of the event in this exact format and location. Nothing is at all certain yet but for a number of reasons I suspect we might have to do something different next year.

Basically don’t miss out if you can make it, just in case!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The people that didn't come last year missed out big time

I'd be up for a trackday and camping anywhere in the country, it's a shame Blyton staff are throbbing thundercunts because I was on my best behaviour too

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The people that didn't come last year missed out big time

I'd be up for a trackday and camping anywhere in the country, it's a shame Blyton staff are throbbing thundercunts because I was on my best behaviour too
Gearbox juice errywhere deffo wasn't you boyo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nik said:
For anyone who has been considering coming for years or is putting off until next year, I think it’s possible that this will be the last year of the event in this exact format and location. Nothing is at all certain yet but for a number of reasons I suspect we might have to do something different next year.

Sorry can't quote that properly.

Had we decided we weren't going again, before all this happened then, I'm confused?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Rockingham would be great, great track, camping, food, etc

*i also live 2 minutes away

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Nik said:

Sorry can't quote that properly.

Had we decided we weren't going again, before all this happened then, I'm confused?
Assume MOT have been having grief with them or Nik etc. just got that vibe they were a barrel of c***s while trying to book it

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

See my earlier reply to you:

But you don't have to run the event and deal with these people and complaints do you? You just get to rock up and enjoy yourself.

I also mentioned to some of you at last years show that it was likely the last year at Blyton because the owners have stated that we'd have to pay to exclusively hire the circuit on the Friday and Sunday in future. We currently discreetly set up on the Friday and pack up on the Sunday at no charge. Having to pay for this would triple the cost to run the event and almost certainly make it unviable.

We were unlikely to be returning anyway unless we cut out all the usual parts of the show (entertainment, marquee, refreshments etc)

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
@Nik I've never been to one of the CS events, but I can fully appreciate the effort that goes into organising them. Been there, and got the T-shirt.

The last one I did was 5 years ago and was a 9-year stint. When the venue announced I was no longer able to commit the time to do it (I could've continued, but I realised they're all a bunch of ungrateful b******s), I think 3 people came over and shook my hand :ROFLMAO:

Respect all your efforts and hopefully, something can be sorted and I can get my lazy arse down to one.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Isn't Rockingham a concrete pad track too, so shitty surface compared to others?
I can’t remember mate, it’s obviously a banked oval with an inner ‘track’ I’ve driven around it at a work event. It’s still in remarkable condition and the grandstand is still there. There is the ‘dip’ on one of the banked corners which is pretty interesting and needs some work now to be honest. Can think it would unsettle a newb tanking around and cause problems. The site is used as a defleet/prep centre now as well as a logistics hub and training academy by my employers. Cinch also use it for videos etc. Sam posts here every now and then (he owns a Clio) he runs their social media

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Left field choice, but the old Ebola drome from grand tour? Could rename it to the gout drome.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is mallory expensive? I'm just going off the prices of summer track days. Please don't do it at 3 sisters 😂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Luckily we had our local resident dj and part time copper on site to handle things.
Not sure when you went home (think you had kid with you) but there are some photos somewhere on here showing how well the onsite DJ Copper handled things in the evening 🤣 It was something @DaveDreads handed him I think, forget what it was now tbh. Just recall him being very happy about it.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
We are looking at the possibility of some sort of event for this year, but nothing has been arranged at the moment.

I can however confirm that we will sadly not be returning to Blyton Park as a club. It's been kept quiet up to now but there will be questions as to why so I'm going to just vent a little bit to explain. 😂

As you know we have been going to Blyton for a number years and had a great relationship with the old site managers who left just before the pandemic.

Unfortunately this years show was somewhat overshadowed by how our event team, and some of you guys as customers were treated by several members of the Blyton staff. We spent the weekend trying to be polite and respectful to an unwelcoming, prejudicial and downright rude site manager, who had clearly decided before we arrived that we were going to be trouble makers, to quote "because we are a Clio club". This is partially the fault of the poor behaviour of another Clio group several years ago who will remain nameless but it doesn't take a genius. We have been running the same professional event year after year, with consistently well behaved members so this should not have been applied to us before we even arrived this year. The site manager was seen shouting rudely at some of you for apparently not understanding their misleading signage and we had numerous complaints.

We also had (not for the first time) many reports of rude treatment by the staff in the onsite cafe. We then experienced this first hand ourselves when the event team dared to ask to purchase some food to be ready whenever it was available. We ended up sending someone to Tesco for our lunch.... Sadly years of management understaffing the cafe for our event has lead to the overworked staff being rude too many times. They are always aware of the numbers and demand they can expect, so there is no excuse.

To top it all off, we returned exhausted from the weekend to an email from the new site management (who couldn't be bothered to attend to introduce themselves, and only have the word of their staff to go by) telling us that we disrespected their staff, were rude to the cafe staff, and left the site looking like a huge rubbish bin. We always clear up and generally leave the site cleaner than it was when we arrived. Fortunately we took photos and here is how we left the site:

View attachment 1629955View attachment 1629956View attachment 1629957View attachment 1629958

We responded with our side of the story and these photos and while they agreed to put this to their staff members there was never an apology or retraction.

Sadly this means we aren't prepared to return, so will be looking for an alternative venue for future club events. Suggestions are more than welcome!
So whatever you guys arrange we will appreciate, I know it’s a lot of hard work
Hopefully not too far up the country being from the south 😎

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
It’s a real shame as the venue was perfect…but understandable. What about a hill climb venue like Prescot? I know the Peugeot Sport owners club return year after year, they allow camping as I understand it. It must be dead hard to find locations nowadays. Absolutely gutted
That’s a great idea I’m up for that

Reactions: HAP
Status
Not open for further replies.