ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_dave 172 20v clio turbo

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well ive had the first item fail on the clio came back from shopping turned back to lock it to see water dripping oh great. The rad had a pin hole in the side losing its water.

080544d96a98edaaa5d51694257527b1.jpg

Was lucky ive been breaking a cup and on a plus note it ad a brand new rad #winner so i removed the old one and replaced it with the cup one i didnt take a pic but you can see it here lol

7645ebabcc57465a32e10e5d31b470ca.jpg

Said broken cup good bye

afddd42e0848bf77cf7ce3de72e874d6.jpg

Ive been using it as abit of a van moving parts from the cup so its abit minging sent the mrs out to give it a hover

fd139bc9b7f243aca4cfa1a472cc2c9c.jpg

Going to give it a go over tomorrow get it looking more like it should.

Im now lost as where 2 go with it tbh seen afew people naming there cars tho so ill call this a clioGTI lol not seen that one yet.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
What's the plans for the new one?
Well im going to put the 1.8t from my grey one into it. I put it up for sale but only thing i can think of the reason not 1 person come to look is because of the body work/ crease in the boot. Thing is it wont be a 4k car once its in a good shell.

The body work on the iceburg is 10x better its a well looked after car only 1 dint that i will have taken out still has boot net and both arch liners lol.

Everything i dont need will be sold so it will end up a bare shell then ill build it up again around the 1.8t ive moved the car to where it will stay awhile will need a good polish wax soon.

For now

6b2e8aed088be216f680fb682e4ac42e.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha be worth it in the end :)
Yeh should be keeps me busy dont it lol. Need to get me a da polisher now get it clean clean while the engine is in the grey shell and its not on the road. The inside is bang on will stay as is bar taking everything out to swap the wiring over oh ill still keep my momo wheel ao thats 1 change

46cd491a45093bd46a9a5998758ba772.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well how ones mind works ove decided not to use the iceburg for the re shell its just not the colour that i want to have for years shame really but ill be pulling it apart and looking for the next one.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
What colour u looking for now?:)
Theres that inferno in the for sale thread that i like the sound if i can find the change before it sells.

Choices are

1 172 cup (mondial blue)
2 inferno
3 pearl black

Dont suppose im in a rush will give the grey one a clean this weekend keep my eye out.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I think Titanium silver is one of my preferred colour, I actually wanted either Artic Blue or Racing Blue when i purchased my Black Gold Clio. This time around I wanted to find a Titanium Silver and ended up with a Artic Blue.

There was a nice looking Liquid Yellow recently, with recaros for sale. I'd have probably had gone for that if it was up at the time.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the inferno sold :-(.

Need to invest some love into this now again so swapped the alloys trial fit due to needing refurb and a bloody good clean!

Better or worse?

f71d17abbeffcfc182d462c245d7b3e5.jpg
c006e485032da1e218f6bb57c18be5a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well i got this sent to me this morning.

660920ae68d0f4179c8331ddb0895b9a.jpg

Then it landed with me this afternoon. It needs alot of love couple of marks nothing that cant be sorted at the end of the day.

9d7acf09fad4b66145007ad3bba5ec2b.jpg
ca77610a2dcc953aa1409e447bb87e1a.jpg
132779c49631b718fb96ccca67eee891.jpg
8d9fc23e1417eb029f2b7ba0b6dc8994.jpg
73b4e3966b40b83afbb8a8fe9ba589ef.jpg
27d219ccf1e2648e68a721ecc158f25f.jpg

Ill be getting the outside and inside as i want before i start with the engine transplant. Both cars will get a clean the weekend find out all the marks when you clean them dont you :-(.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the found out why the f4r engine in the 182 is missing it's blew a spark plug. Ah well was never going go use the std lump anyway. In searching the for sale thread I seen a das6 pro DA polisher for sale and a deal was done can't wait to have a play with it or destroy the paint one or the other.

I removed the cable tied toe strap and threw it in a Bush at work

Hope to remove the engine and gearbox this weekend. I'm not sure on weather to use the 182 60mm hubs or keep the 54mm one's Will.sort that out later any way

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Another day on the BG still cant get the wheels off and cant find the code not sure what to do with them tbh. Not letting it beat me i started on removing the mounts etc. What a game it was when it came to removing the shafts but got there in the end.

e4a9db33df9a894c36fa92a25081a37f.jpg
798be41d7ccebc09ecfbc9af4ca048b2.jpg
d278b514b717551f8b7a6ff7e641f7e5.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Took a run down to @optical to pick up a black gold boot as mines gone a scratch across thats been badly painted in. Top top bloke really nice guy with 2 stunning cars. If i get mine 25% as clean as his ill be a happy man

So gotta swap that get the std subframe of remove all the brake lines loads for me to do.

Ordered some yellow tint for the fogs because i like the yellow fog look :). Will be ordering carbon washer blanks this week!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Removing the shafts with the hubs etc and wheels still on sounds fun! Locking wheel nuts should join the tow strap!
Tow strap ive given the lad i work with for his japcrap #because jdm. Hubs are still on atm will have to remove via wishbones until i find away of removing the alloys lol. All abit of a pain but s**t happens. I hate locking nuts horrid things

phase 1 flamer 172
I found an old socket the appropriate size, then with a small angle grinder I ground some away leaving some that lined up with the slots, worked well enough to remove them all.

2014 Clio 200t edc
WOrse case I paid a mobile locking nut removal guy £30 to get my old ones off. Can't for the life of me find the info on him but he welded a nut on from the back of his van. He was from over your way!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
WOrse case I paid a mobile locking nut removal guy £30 to get my old ones off. Can't for the life of me find the info on him but he welded a nut on from the back of his van. He was from over your way!
Theres an actual guy that does it lol. Ideally dont want to pay as its a breaker so eats into car funds lol o dont need anything from it but the shell itself as everything will be swapped or upgraded from the grey one. £30 isnt the end of the world mind

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yep real! http://www.lockingwheelnut-removal.co.uk/
I thought it would be some shady bloke in a cap who turned up but it was a really nice bloke. He fitted tyres mobile and did this as an extra service I think. Had the special tool but my nut snapped it so he welded a nut. Local small garages will sometimes do the same too, or a friend who can weld.