ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS vs Food PART DEUX - BE QUICK!!

CS vs Food - Part DEUX - The Southbank Bar's Pancake Challenge

1342101346839.jpg

Due to the success of our last morbidly obese meet, we now have the next challenge for us local fatties...

Details:
The Deal

• Pancake tower food challenge for one, two, or four participants
  • Eat a tower of ten American pancakes, topped with maple syrup, blueberries, and more
  • Winners get a certificate and tee OMFG FREE TSHIRT!!
  • Only one person has ever completed the challenge
Again, we ask the question... Who is "man enough" to complete the challenge??

For the next 1 day & 9 hours, you have the chance to purchase a voucher to get this challenge much cheaper, via GroupOn.
Click on the link for details: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/nottingham/The-Southbank-Bar/8123108
Be quick. Works out at £8 to attempt the challenge.

Anyone who misses out on this deal will still be more than welcome to attend and attempt the challenge, but it'll cost £15 (which you supposedly get back if you complete)

A date hasn't been set yet. The voucher can only be used Monday-Thursday between 12-8pm, so id maybe suggest a Wednesday/Thursday 7pm meet again?! (It expires on the 12th October, so not a massive rush to do it anyway. We can have a week or so to organise a date appropriate for everyone if needed).

Get your name down on the "real men's" list/whether you have purchased your voucher:
1. Harphamominom (purchased)
2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
5. Mick @ Diamond Motors (maybe + his little one) (unsure whether you have one, as Sy purchase the group of 4, before you said)

We shall soon be known as the "Obese Region".

Edition 30
Is it bad that I just did 29 divided by 4 on a calculator?!

Its only 75p cheaper. Might just do it now myself :)

2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
5. Mick @ Diamond Motors (maybe + his little one) (unsure whether you have one, as Sy purchase the group of 4, before you said)
6. Toby.

As Dave says, if you get into groups of 4 and trust each other enough, you can get one person to buy and you'll save a little bit extra (works out £7.25 each if 4 purchase together - but for the sake of being easy, you might be best to just purchase your own tbh).

So, we're looking at a Wednesday then.

Inferno 225 cup
I may be in.

Sure love a challenge ;)

Il will purchase mine when I'm at home.

Love deserts:)

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Looking at the location it seems fairly built up, is there somewhere we can park? (my knowledge of Notts is piss poor)

2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
6. Toby (purchased)
7. Sargara (purchased)

182 Cup
I'm in depending on timing, August is dead busy for me, including a possible set of afternoon shifts at work and I'll be having a knee operation mid september :rolleyes:
Hence not purchased, will have to pay the expensive price if I can make it :D

2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
6. Toby (purchased)
7. Sargara (purchased)
8. bright (not purchased)

2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased) + the missus
6. Toby (purchased)
7. Sargara (purchased)

I have a feeling that i'm going to regret organising this meet too, about 3 bites into the challenge ;).

Last edited:
  Inferno 225 cup

2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
6. Toby (purchased)
7. Sargara (purchased)
9. Clarkey182 (purchased)

Clio 197
2. Sym0n (purchased)
3. Gray (purchased)
4. Daveski (purchased)
6. Toby (purchased)
7. Sargara (purchased)
9. Clarkey182 (purchased)
10. lewisflintham (not purchased yet but will do when I've got my card handy)

Are you doing it August? I might tie it in then. Gym > pancakes. If Syn0b ain't working.
Dunno. Maybe. We'll see when it can tie in with everyone. Sy never works. He's secretly on the dole.

15th or 22nd August, maybe?? Gives plenty of chance for everyone to ensure that they're available?

Bus w**ker
Errm I'll have you know I have worked one whole day this week, so blow me.

Anyway, yeah parking is a bit s**t down there. Like Dave (I think) said street parking is the best bet or there is a smallish car park around the corner, when I'm not trying to figure out WTF I'm doing with this stupid iMac I'll post more info. 15th and 22nd are both good for me and a Wednesday night would be ideal, as I can hit the gym before and then go to spin on Thursday and try to burn 0000.1% off again lol.

AK, unless LDN has moved GTFO you weird stalking, scared of people/real life freak.

I may turn up, depending on dates and as long as that idiot AK isn't there.

No challenge from me, though. Just wouldn't seem fair, you all watching me die.