ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crunch into 3rd

Under hard acceleration i.e. red line in first and second when I put my 182 into third it crunches every time!

Anyone else noticed this?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine does this (172) sycro mesh is fucked. New gearbox/rebuild time.

Trophy #473
mine sometimes does it, but i put it down to being to quick for the box or releasing the clutch to quickly before the gear has selected, only when you lose 3rd Id bother with a new box, If it aint broke, dont fix it. (that doesnt apply to everything tho)

BMW M135i
Doubt the clutch will be covered, gearbox should be mine. They don't last long if you abuse them.

Liquid 182
Mine did this going into second when giving it some welly.
Just got it back thisevening, new gearbox under warranty :)

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
my 172 cup did this twice

renault were not happy but did replace it under warranty both times

Audi TT 225
Box rebuild with new syncro's will set you back about £350 not including the labour to remove and refit the box, also while its off you may as well fit a new clutch to save labour costs in the long run

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
mine on crunches when shifting too quickly for the box from 1st to 2nd! its fine if i give it another half a second changing gear!

Got exactly this problem with my 197 after only 9k miles....must have had lots of chocolate left over to build some more gearboxes with. Trip to Renault soon I think!

Hmmm mine sometimes does that. I put it down to s**t driving and lifting off the clutch too soon. Makes me feel slightly better to know other people have had this lol.

182 cup pack
If the gearboxes fluid is changed with something "better" would that make any difference ?

Well when i got the 12000 mile service done they put new oil in cant mind what it was but it was f***ing expensive and it didnt make any diffrence!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you don't change quickly though, the revs drop on the car and then when you release the clutch car try's to slow down cos of low engine revs, surely this f***s it up more?

Hey guys. Iv not been back home long and when I booked it into get it checked out they said that because that it was doing it under such hard driving that it wouldnt be done under warranty. Were did you get it checked out/replaced under warranty? Need to get this done asap. Not going to be home long!! Away back to sea before december!

Got exactly this problem with my 197 after only 9k miles....must have had lots of chocolate left over to build some more gearboxes with. Trip to Renault soon I think!
Its a Renault Nissan joint design.
Hey guys. Iv not been back home long and when I booked it into get it checked out they said that because that it was doing it under such hard driving that it wouldnt be done under warranty. Were did you get it checked out/replaced under warranty? Need to get this done asap. Not going to be home long!! Away back to sea before december!
I'd take it to another garage get a second opinion its not seemingly fit for purpose.

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
Under hard acceleration i.e. red line in first and second when I put my 182 into third it crunches every time!

if u expect to get new gearbox or even new clutch, i wouldnt tell them you redline ur car in first firstly cause theres no point to it and secondly cause you have blantantly fuct ur own gearbox and now expect some1 else to pay for it

Audi TT 225
Had this on mine, crunch between 2nd, 3rd.
Got the box refurbed @ yozza with new syncro's and its sweet as a nut. cost about 350 ish for the box rebuild not including removal/fitting.
Also had a new clutch and its spot on, like a new box.

if u expect to get new gearbox or even new clutch, i wouldnt tell them you redline ur car in first firstly cause theres no point to it and secondly cause you have blantantly fuct ur own gearbox and now expect some1 else to pay for it

So you are saying that because i drive the car to the limit it should void any warranty?!!!

Had this on mine, crunch between 2nd, 3rd.
Got the box refurbed @ yozza with new syncro's and its sweet as a nut. cost about 350 ish for the box rebuild not including removal/fitting.
Also had a new clutch and its spot on, like a new box.

How much did the whole thing cost including removal/fitting? Or how much do you think it would cost?

BMW M135i
You'll get it done under warrenty they'll just need some pushing into it, plenty of lines to go down really. Can try taking it to another stealers for a start and see if they'll do it, if they give the thrashing line then there just trying to get out of it. Don't offer them that for a start.

How are you supposed to get the quoted 0-60 time without quick gearchanges?, not fit for purpose etc. They've tried it with a few people and they will do it eventually.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Phone Renault UK and complain and say what the dealer said. It's suppose to be a RenaultSport, how else are you suppose to drive them.

My gearbox has gone, at 40k of motorway driving.

You will get a refurbed one of renault.

Your looking around £400 for a garage to swap the box.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
my 172 cup did this when i bought it from the stealers, also reverse did it for two week they tried to tell me this was normal, idiots after a few heated visits to the dealer they refurbed my box and all is ok now, this is certanly a common fault on 1*2's i wonder if renault have sorted this on the 197 etc...

Mine did this just last night... Not sure whether I was just tired and didn't put it down properley :( will see what it like 2night.